Choose the correct answer for each following question.
1. The teacher had the students ____ an essay on the positive and negative effects that modern technology has on children.
2. Mr. Brown tends to ____ his car serviced twice a year at the garage near his house.
3. We are going to ____ next June, or else they will be expired.
4. I wish my father had bought me a new mobile phone instead of having it ____ like that.
5. We ____ that my father's new car ____ by Friday. He has promised to give his old one to me and I want to drive to York in it at the weekend.
6. The patient ____ his blood tested to find out the cause of his breakdown.
7. You'd better get someone ____ your house.
8. Recently, a new vaccine against measles ____.
9. My sister ____ her ear pierced last weekend.
10. It's hard to believe that this film ____ completely by computer.
11. Internet search engines can help to predict the weather as well as traffic jams in a city.
Synonym of the word "predict" is ____________.
12. Ray Kurzweil suggests that exponential technological development will lead to the inevitable rise of artificial intelligence.
Synonym of the word "inevitable" is ____________.
13. Advanced technologies may make humanity insignificant both in life and work.
Synonym of the word "Advanced" is _______________.
14. A.I. techniques help medical doctors to discover subtle interactions between medications that put patience in jeopardy because of their serious side effect.
Synonym of the word "in jeopardy" is ___________.
15. A.I. algorithms can also help to detect faces and other features in photo sent to social networking sites and automatically organize them.
Synonym of the word "detect" is ______________.
16. The critical issue is whether genuine artificial intelligence can ever be truly realized.
Antonym of the word "genuine" is _______________.
17. Smart robots have replaced humans in stressful and hazardous jobs and in assembly lines.
Antonym of the word "hazardous" is _______________.
18. Professor Stephen Hawking thinks the primitive forms of A.I. which have been developed so far have already proved very useful.
Synonym of the word "primitive" is _________________.
19. Kurzweil believes that there could be tiny robots called nanobots implanted into our brains to improve our memory.
Antonym of the word "implanted into" is ___________________.
20. Do you really think humans will be exterminated when more and more intelligent machines are invented in the future?
Antonym of the word "exterminated" is ___________________.