Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 4: Our Past Số 2
Unit 4: Our Past - Test 2
Bài tập tiếng Anh nâng cao lớp 8 cung cấp thêm cho các em các bài tập để rèn luyện nâng cao kỹ năng cũng như giúp các em sắp thi học sinh giỏi các bài tập tham khảo để luyện tập. Bài tập được chia thành các mục với các kỹ năng khác nhau giúp các em có thể dễ dàng lựa chọn kỹ năng mình cần tập trung luyện tập. Tất cả các bài tập đều có đáp án.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. beneath
2. a. tiger
3. a. buffalo
4. a. door
5. a. daugher
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. I____ football very often when I was younger.
a. play b. was going to c. played d. was playing
7. Many people decorate their homes ______ Christmas.
a. in b. at c. on d. when
8. Children believe a fat, jolly man brings gifts______Christmas Eve.
a. in b. at c. on d. when
9. We live _____ the 21st century.
a. in b. at c. on d. for
10. I ______ gardening, but I don't have time for it now.
a. use to enjoy b. used to enjoy
c. use to enjoying d. used to enjoying
11. Costa Rica sounds______ a great place for a relaxing vacation.
a. as b. like c. similar d. same
12. I am not happy _____ his work this term.
a. with b. to c. on d. of
13. I thought there was some coffee in the cupboard, but there's_______ there.
a. no b. none c. any coffee d. none coffee
14. The factory ______ down last year.
a. burned b. turned c. fire d. flamed
15. He _____ his words carefully.
a. use b. chose c. collect d. spoke
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
16. Mozart started composing at the age of five and writing more than 600 pieces of music. A B C D
17. The course begins in 12 May and ends sometime in August. A B C D
18. How could you be so cruel with someone who never did you any harm? A B C D
19. James had to chose between getting a job or going to college. A B C D
20. I tried to ask a question, but just made myself look fool. A B C D
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
(21)____ the United States and Canada, (22)_____ a popular legend about a monster. People say that it is very big and that it has a lot of hair. (23) _____ name is Bigfoot, (24) _____ there are big footprints in the snow. The footprints are 60 cms (25) _____ and 20 cms wide. But (26)______Bigfoot really exist? We don't know!
21. a. In
22. a. there is
b. there are
23. a. Its
d. It has
24. a. so
c. so that
25. a. length
26. a. do
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
Legends are stories about the past. Some of the stories come from ancient history. But not all legends are ancient. There are modern legends too. They are often called urban legends, because the stories happen in modern cities. Ten years ago, there was a rumor that there were crocodiles under New York. The rumor was soon a newspaper story, and the newspaper story was soon a legend. So, today, many people in New York believe that there are crocodiles under the ground there!
rumor (n): tin đồn
27. What does the word 'legends' in line 1 mean?
a. stories b. history c. people d. newspapers
28. Which of the following does the word 'they' in line 3 refers to?
a. stories about the past b. modem legends
c. modern cities d. people
29. Another name of 'modern legends' is ______ .
a. urban legends b. modern cities
c. rumors d. crocodiles
30. We can replace the word 'believe' in line 7 with _____ .
a. 'know' b. 'say' c. 'think' d. 'appear'
31. Which of the following is true?
a. All legends are about the past.
b. Modern people still believe in legends.
c. There are crocodiles under New York.
d. Now many New Yorkers don't believe that there are crocodiles under the ground of New York.
Đáp án Unit 4: Our Past - Test 2