Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 12 A VACATION ABROAD có đáp án (4)
Trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 8 có đáp án
Nhiều bài tập tiếng Anh 8 hay có nội dung luyện tập bổ trợ kiến thức cho Unit 12 đã được chúng tôi chọn lọc và tổng hợp thành Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 12 A VACATION ABROAD có đáp án (4) để gửi đến các bạn. Mời thầy cô và các em tham khảo.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. carve b. warm c. farm d. depart
2. a. Empire b. while c. liberty d. sightseeing
3. a. busy b. Humid c. museum d. music
4. a. pour b. Sound c. mount d. cloudy
5. a. pick b. ticket c. rock d. vacation
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes sentence below or substitutes for the underlined
6. Jack _____ his homework between 8 pm and 9 pm.
a. did b. was doing c. made d. was making
7. I was on holiday with my parents on the island of Capri.
a. the Capri island b. an island of Capri
c. an island in Capri d. one of the Capri islands
8. ____ is an area of land between hills or mountains.
a. Valley b. Beach c. Bay d. Island
9. Tom burnt his hand when he _____ the dinner.
a. cooked b. was cooking c. has cooked d. cooks
10. They have put a horrible statue right in the middle_____ their front yard.
a. on b. in c. of d. to
11. 'I can't read this.' 'You _____ about my handwriting.'
a. always complain b. has always complained
c. always complained d. are always complaining
12. A cup of tea sounds______.
a. perfect b. perfectly c. perfection d. perfectionist
13. It's a picture _____ a country village.
a. on b. of c. about d. for
14. It was a hot and _____ Sunday afternoon.
a. wet b. humid c. rainy d. snowy
15. Do sit down. - That's very kind ________ you.
a. from b. of c. with d. to
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Hi. I'm back in the U. S. I was with Matilda on her concert tour of Africa. The best part was Eritrea. The Eritrean people were very friendly and (21) _____ The streets weren't (22) ____, but the markets often were. The restaurants were great, but the service was often (23) _____. Some (24) _____ were modern and some weren't, but even (25) _____ hotels weren't air- conditioned. The (26) _____was very hot and (27) ____, but Matilda's concerts were great, and my whole trip to Eritrea was a lot of (28)_____.
21. a. kind b. lucky c. reserved d. quiet
22. a. crowd b. crowds c. crowded d. overcrowding
23. a. slow b. slowly c. quick d. quickly
24. a. houses b. buildings c. flats d. hotels
25. a. modern b. old c. ancient d. remote
26. a. day b. weather c. night d. temperature
27. a. cold b. cool c. humid d. wet
28. a. fun b. joke c. humor d. humorous
V. Read the following passagc and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
Our trip to New Zealand was wonderful!
First, we flew to Wellington, the capital. We stayed at the Sheraton there for two nights. We went sightseeing and just relaxed at the pool.
From Wellington, we flew to Roturua, and rented a car. We went sailing on Lake Tarawera and we climbed a volcano, Mount Tarawera. One night, we took a bus tour to a traditional Maori village and stayed for dinner and a concert. It was a special evening.
We plan to come back to New Zealand soon, but for now, we're on our way to Australia!
29. What was the letter written about?
a. A vacation abroad b. A business trip
c. A bus tour d. A school trip
30. What is the capital of New Zealand?
a. Wellingtdn b. Sheraton c. Roturua d. Tarawera
31. What was the weather like?
a. It's sunny. b. It's windy.
c. It's hot and humid. d. no information
32. The authors_____.
a. went sightseeing b. went sailing
c. climbed a volcano d. all are correct
33. Where were they going?
a. They were going to New Zealand. b. They were going to Australia.
c. They were going to America. d. no information
* LiSTENING COMPREHENSION
1. Listen and fill A, B, or C indicating your choice.
12. 1 His favorite country is ______.
B. the USA
12. 2 She's ______.
12. 3 She will _____.
A. come to dinner
B. go away
C. invite him to dinner
12. 4 Where are they going to stay?
A. In a hostel.
B. In a guest house.
C. In a hotel.
12. 5 What kind of hotel are they talking about?
A. An expensive one.
B. An inexpensive one.
C. Both A and B are incorrect.
2. Listen and fill in the blanks.
Linda was on a three-week trip to Viet Nam. This is her letter to her friend at home.
Yesterday I arrived at (12. 6)_____ International Airport rather late in the evening. The streets were still very crowded on the way 1 got to the (12. 7)_____
which is near the (12. 8) _____. The city looked rather (12. 9)_____ at night with a lot of well-lit colorful (12. 10) _____. The team had dinner on a (12. 11) _____ on Sai Gon River. The (12. 12) _____ was amazing. The boat (12. 13) _____ on the river while we (12. 14) _____ the local special sea-food dishes. There was a wonderful cultural (12. 15) ______ to entertain the tourists on the (12. 16) _____. I was much (12. 17) _____ in a thrilling show named "fire dance". The girl dancer handled a fire ring (12. 18) _____. She danced and put the ring on her arms, her legs but they were not burned. She even (12. 19) _____ a small burning torch into her mouth! I came back to the hotel nearly (12. 20)_____. I will stay here for two days and then continue my trip to the Mekong Delta provinces. I'll write to you again soon.
I. 1b 2c 3a 4a 5d
II. 6b 7a 8a 9b 10c 11d 12a 13b 14b 15b
III. 16a 17d 18c 19a 20c
IV. 21a 22c 23a 24d 25a 26b 27c 28a
V. 29a 30a 31d 32d 33b
12. 1 Man: You've traveled a lot. Which country do you like best?
Woman: Well, I prefer the United States to Britain and Canada because it has a variety of landscapes and people.
12. 2 Man: Where do you come from?
Woman: From the USA.
12. 3 Man: Come and have dinner with my family.
Woman: Thanks. I'd love to. But I have to leave tonight.
12. 4 Woman: Are we going to stay in a hotel?
Man: Well, in a guest house because all the hotels are full.
12. 5 Woman: Is it expensive to stay here?
Man: Well, I don't think so. The room rates are reasonable.
12. 1 B; 12. 2 A; 12. 3 B; 12. 4 C; 12. 5 B;
12. 6 International; 12. 7 hotel; 12. 8 City Hall;
12. 9 attractive; 12. 10 shop signs; 12. 11 floating restaurant;
12. 12 experience; 12. 13 was cruising; 12. 14 were enjoying;
12. 15 performance; 12. 16 restaurant boat; 12. 17 interested;
12. 18 skillfully; 12. 19 inserted; 12. 20 midnight;