Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 12 A VACATION ABROAD có đáp án (2)
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 trắc nghiệm Unit 12
Để có thêm nhiều bài tập hay giúp ôn tập lại kiến thức Unit 12 của chương trình tiếng Anh 8, chúng tôi mời các bạn tải ngay Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 12 A VACATION ABROAD có đáp án (2). Đây là một BST chất lượng, có nhiều câu hỏi hay, bao quát được kiến thức của đơn vị bài học.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. what b. place c. volcano d. plane
2. a. fisherman b. ticket c. prisoner d. over
3. a. hotel b. postcard c. shore d. cold
4. a. included b. called c. carved d. arrived
5. a. brochure b. teacher c. beach d. much
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. Miss Brown_____ us last week because our teacher was ill.
a. teaches b. is teaching c. was teaching d. has taught
7. You _____ come and visit us again some time.
a. should b. must c. need d. could
8. I'm usually free in the evening.
a. tired b. relaxed c. not busy d. not at home
9. I picked up a copy of their summer travel_____.
a. paper b. magazine c. book d. brochure
10. While the choir _____ Christmas carols, we were making them some cocoa.
a. are singing b. were singing c. sang d. have sung
11. Would you like _____ for a drink?
a. go b. to go c. going d. went
12. _____ is hot liquid rock that comes out of a volcano.
a. Limestone b. Marble c. Lava d. Ice
13. When I was a child, I _______ my ball through the window.
a. was always kicking b. always was kicking
c. was kicking always d. kicked always
14. I was born in a small village _____Lantau Island.
a. on b. for c. in d. 0
15. We went_____ a 10-day tour of central Africa.
a. on b. for c. in d. 0
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces
I can't believe. I'm here at last! The flight was really, really long. It took almost thirty hours.
Anyway, Australia is great. I'm (21) _____ Melbourne now. It's a lot smaller than London, but it's also (22) _____ cleaner and nicer. People are so (23) _____! Everyone says 'G'day mate' when you meet them. The accent is a bit strange at first. But you soon (24)_____ it. We're going to go snorkeling. I started (25) ____ few days ago. Can you see me in the photo?
I'm arriving home (26) _____ 10 September, in time for school (ugh!) on the 12th.
See you then!
Melbourne: một thành phố ở Úc
21. a. in b. at c. on d. to
22. a. more b. much c. many d. most
23. a. friend b. friends c. friendly d. friendship
24. a. use b. use to c. used to d. get used to
25. a. practice b. to practice c. practicing d. b&c are correct
26. a. in b. on c. at d. 0
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
Last December our Geography teacher, Mrs. Taylor, took us to Yorkshire on a school trip. We left Liverpool at 8. 00 a. m. on Saturday morning and finally arrived in York at 11. 00 p. m. Then it started to rain.
We woke up early on Sunday morning and looked outside. There was water everywhere. We went downstairs for breakfast, but the kitchen in the hostel was flooded.
Sunday afternoon was terrible too. Two girls hired bikes and rode into the center of the city. But what did they do? They stole some sweets from a shop. So then the police came! Mrs. Taylor was furious!
We returned to Liverpool on Sunday evening. We were cold, wet and tired. Never again!
hostel (n): khách sạn nhỏ furious (adj): giận dữ?
27. How long did the journey take?
a. 3 hours b. 4 hours c. 15 hours d. 2 days
28. What was the weather like?
a. It's hot and humid. b. It's sunny.
c. It's rainy. d. It's snowy.
29. Who is the author?
a. a teacher b. a student c. a tourist d. a police officer
30. They stayed in Yorkshire for ______.
a. two days b. three day c. one week d. two weeks
31. Their school trip was _____.
a. great b. terrible c. wonderful d. exciting
I. 1a 2b 3c 4a 5a
II. 6c 7b 8c 9d 10b 11b 12c 13a 14b 15a
III. 16d 17b 18a 19b 20b
IV. 21a 22b 23c 24d 25d 26b
V. 27c 28c 29b 30a 31b