Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 11 TRAVELING AROUND VIET NAM có đáp án - Số 4
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 11 TRAVELING AROUND VIET NAM có đáp án
Để luyện tập về từ vựng, điểm ngữ pháp vừa học ở Unit 11 tiếng Anh lớp 8, các em hãy tham khảo ngay Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 11 TRAVELING AROUND VIET NAM có đáp án - Số 4. VnDoc.com đã tuyển chọn nhiều bài tập bổ trợ giúp các em ôn tập, củng cố lại kiến thức, đồng thời giới thiệu đến các em nhiều bài tập nâng cao, mở rộng để các em thử sức, nâng cao trình độ.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. paddy b. sand c. travel d. tribal
2. a. buffalo b. photo c. limestone d. botanical
3. a. jungle b. luggage c. sunbathe d. sugar
4. a. around b. various c. famous d. mountains
5. a. heritage b. giant c. garden d. village
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. The vase ______ on the shelf is very beautiful.
a. stands b. standing c. is standing d. stood
7. Do you mind if I ______ your atlas for a minute?
a. borrow b. will borrow c. am going to borrow d. borrowed
8. Ann asked me not ____ anybody what happened.
a. tell b. telling c. to tell d. told
9. After ______ breakfast, I went out for a walk.
a. finish b. having fmished c. finished d. had finished
10. ______ is a type of white or gray stone containing calcium, used for building and making cement.
a. Slope b. Limestone c. Site d. Sand
11. China has huge _____ and onshore oil reserves.
a. seaside b. remote c. outside d. offshore
12. Do you mind _____ here for just a minute?
a. to wait b. waiting c. about waiting d. waited
13. It was late, so we decided _____ a taxi home.
a. take b. to take c. taking d. took
14. The council should be able to help families who have no accommodation.
a. a place to live b. a place to watch sport matches
c. a place to buy meal and eat it d. a place to work
15. He picked the phone _________ as soon as it rang.
a. on b. up c. in d. off
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces. Why (21) _____ you go to Da Lat for your holiday next year? I went there
(22) ____ last week. It was (23)_____! We (24) _____ fresh fruits and vegetables every day. We (25) _____ visited many beautiful gardens. There were lots of other things (26)_____. We played golf or went (27) _____ walks in the woods. One day we hired bicycles and visited a lake. We had a picnic there. Then in the evenings there was a disco. We danced all night! It wasn't (28) _____ and we had a fantastic time! Did you have a good holiday too?
21. a. do b. don't c. did d. didn't
22. a. in b. at c. on d. 0
23. a. great b. wonderful c. fantastic d. all are correct
24. a. eat b. will eat c. ate d. are eating
25. a. also b. too c. either d. neither
26. a. do b. to do c. doing d. to doing
27. a. to b. of c. for d. on
28. a. cheap b. expensive c. interesting d. famous
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
My Son is a Hindu temple complex. It is in the village of Duy Phu, 69 km southwest of Da Nang. It comprises of many Champa temples, in a valley about two kilometers wide, surrounded by two mountain ranges. It was the site of religious ceremony of kings of the Champa dynasty, and was a burial place of Champa royals and national heroes.
This temple complex is often popularly compared to other temple complexes in Southeast Asia, such as Angkor Wat (Cambodia), Borobodur, Java (Indonesia), and Ayutthaya (Thailand).
complex (n): nhóm comprise (v): bao gồm
dynasty (n): triều đại burial place (n) : nơi mai táng
29. My Son_____.
a. is a Hindu temple complex
b. comprises of many Champa temples
c. was the site of religious ceremony of kings of the Champa dynasty
d. all arc correct
30. What does the word 'temple' in line 1 mean?
a. a building where people pray to a god or gods
b. a building where the king lives
c. a place where you can watch sports matches
d. a building where you go to read books
31. What does the word 'it' in line 4 refer to?
a. valley b. Da Nang c. village d. My Son
32. People often compare it to_____.
a. Angkor Wat b. Borobodur c. Ayutthaya d. all are correct
33. Which of the following is not true?
a. My Son is in a valley surrounded by two mountain ranges.
b. There are many Champa temples in the village of Duy Phu.
c. My Son used to be a burial site.
d. My Son is not as famous as Angkor Wat.
1. Listen and fill A, B, or C indicating your choice.
11.1 How did they go to Ha Noi?
A. By car.
B. By train.
C. By plane.
11.2 What are they talking about?
B. Water buffalos.
B. Both A and B are incorrect.
11.3 How many times has he come to Viet Nam?
B. Three times.
11.4 The speakers are talking about _____.
A. the city center
B. the airport
C the transportation
11.5 Which crop is not mentioned_______?
2. Listen and fill in the blanks.
The other day, Fred, Mai's (11.6) ______ came to Viet Nam on a working trip. He spent (11.7) _______ in Viet Nam, particularly, (11.8) _______ in the city of Can Tho. Fred had an opportunity to see Mai, his (11.9) _______ pen pal right in her locality. Before that, he had sent Mai an (11.10) _______ about his trip to Viet Nam. Therefore, Mai was (11.11) _______ to meet him in person to introduce him to her family. Mai's parents and her brother were (11.12) _______ to see Fred because they (11.13)_____ about him before. The family invited Fred to come to their home for (11.14) _______. Fred (11.15) _______ it very much and he told the family about his (11.16) ______ during the trip to Viet Nam so far. The family were (11.17) ______ Fred because he was very friendly, and particularly, as young as Mai. Fred spent the whole day with the family until Tuan, Mai's brother, (11.18) _______ him back to the hotel on his (11.9) _______. Later on, Fred wrote in his e-mail that sitting behind Tuan on a (11.20) ______ was also a new experience to him.
Đáp án Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 11
I. 1d 2d 3d 4a 5c
II. 6b 7a 8c 9b 10b 11d 12b 13b 14a 15b
III. 16a 17d 18c 19c 20b
IV. 21b 22d 23d 24c 25a 26b 27c 28b
V. 29d 30a 31d 32d 33d
11.1 Woman: How far is it from here to Ha Noi?
Man: With this driving speed, it takes about thirty-minutes.
11.2 Woman: Have you ever seen a water buffalo?
Man: No. But I've seen buffalos
11.3 Woman: Is this your first time to Viet Nam?
Man: Well, it's the third time.
11.4 Woman: How do we get to the airport from the city center?
Man: Well, there's a bus every fifteen minutes from here.
11.5 Woman: What do you grow in this area?
Man: Well, there are two crops: corn and sugar.
11.1 A; 11.2 B; 11.3 B; 11.4 C; 11.5 C;
11.6 pen pal; 11.7 three weeks; 11.8 three days; 11.9 two-year;
11.10 e-mail; 11.11 eager; 11.12 delighted; 11.13 told;
11.14 lunch; 11.15 enjoyed; 11.16 experience;