Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 13 FESTIVALS có đáp án (3)
Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 13 FESTIVALS TEST 3
Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 13 FESTIVALS có đáp án (3). Bao gồm nhiều tài liệu giúp các em học sinh nắm được từ vựng và ngữ pháp đã được học trong Unit 13 tiếng Anh lớp 8. Bộ sưu tập này được chúng tôi sưu tập và chọn lọc những tài liệu hay nhất, chất lượng nhất nhằm giới thiệu đến quý thầy cô và các em học sinh.
I. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
1. a. council b. award c. carol d. mushroom
2. a. design b. custom c. plumber d. jumble
3. a Christmas b. jolly c. compete d. teammate
4. a. professor b. separate c. marigold d. pomegranate
5. a. unsuitable b. traditional c. competition d. participate
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the uuderlined word or phrase.
6. It is_____ that she works 16 hours a day.
a. say b. says c. sayed d. said
7. Hillary and Norgay were the first _____ Everest.
a. climb b. climbs c. to climb d. climbing
8. James likes climbing mountain. He has just joined a ____ club.
a. climb-mountain b. climbing-mountain
c. mountain-climbing d. mountain-climb
9. Have you ever tried Jananese food?
a. use something to find out if you like it b. make a preparation for
c. eating a small amount of food d. recognize flavors in food
10. Mary told Helen that she was tired of eating fish summer.
a. this b. that c. the d. Ø
11. It is a custom to give presents at Christmas.
a. tradition b. habit c. hobby d. rule
12. It's cold - don't go out_____your coat.
a. with b. without c. in d. wearing
13. Bob had someone _____ his house.
a. paint b. paints c. painted d. painting
14. John said he couldn't repair the car the _____ day.
a. before b. following c. this d. that
15. _____ is a person whose job is to put in and repair pipes and baths.
a. Plumber b. Gardener c. Florist d. Inventor
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Hello. My name's Ruth. I'm from America, and I'm Jewish. We have lots of festivals, but my favorite (21) ____Hanukka. It takes place (22)_____December. The (23) _____ celebrates a miracle from (24) _____ times, when the lights in a temple burned for eight days (25) ______ oil. So we light a candle every day (26) _____eight days. We have parties and we eat nice food, (27) _____ sweets and cakes. We (28) _____ visit our relations, and children get a lot of presents.
21. a. calls b. called c. is called d. is calling
22. a. in b. at c. On d. when
23. a. festival b. contest c. event d. prize
24. a. modern b. traditional c. ancient d. middle
25. a. with b. without c. instea d. from
26. a. on b. at c. sinced of d. for
27. a. like b. as c. such as d. a & c
28. a. also b. either c. too d. all are correct
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
One of the festiva's in the Buddhist tradition is called Vesak. It takes place in April or May, and it lasts for three days. The festival celebrates the life of the Buddha, and it also marks the beginning of the Buddhist year. During the festival, Buddhists decorate their houses and streets with flowers and paper lanterns. They give presents to monks and to poor people, and they send each other cards. In India, they sometimes buy birds in cages and set them free.
29. What is Vesak?
a. A festival b. The beginning of the Buddhist year
c. An event d. A contest
30. How long does Vesak last?
a. It lasts for a month. b. It lasts for two months.
c. It lasts for two days. d. It lasts for three days.
31. What do people do?
a. They decorate their houses and streets.
b. They give presents to monks and to poor people.
c. They send each other cards.
d. all are correct
32. Which of the following is not true?
a. Vesak is one of the festivals in the Buddhist tradition.
b. Vesak is held from April to May.
c. Buddhists held Vesak to celebrate the life of Buddha.
d. Monks are given presents.
33. What does 'set free' in line 7 mean?
a. let an animal go out of a cage
b. take and hold an animal
c. kill an animal
d. run behind an animal and try to catch it
I. 1b 2a 3c 4a 5c
II. 6d 7c 8c 9a 10b 11a 12b 13a 14b 15a
III. 16b 17c 18c 19b 20a
IV. 21c 22a 23a 24c 25b 26d 27d 28a
V. 29a 30d 31d 32b 33a