Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Unit 7: Your house - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Unit 7: Your house - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 6 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
By the end of this lesson, ss will be able to listen to a dialogue and read a letter about a house to understand the details
Language focus: Vocabulary
Grammar: Present simple
Skills: 4 skills
Ps Ss have great passion for studying
B. TEACHING AIDS.
Lesson plan, English book visual aids, projector, laptop, speaker…
C. METHODS: T/ WhC, pair, group, individual work
II. Warmer (4’)
- igb = big
- small = small
- dyar = yard
- lewl = well
- wressflo = flowers
- esetre= trees
one by one goes to the board and write these letters in the correct arder
Ss read again
III. New lesson:
Activity 1 : Listening:
Step 1. Pre listening (5’)
Set the scene: Minh and Hoa are taking to each other about Hoa’ s house.
-Teacher draws the grid on the board. Students copy.
-Then ask students to predict Yes or No.
-Let students predict then collect students’ ideas and stick on the board.
- T gives feedback.
(?) Who are they? (Minh and Hoa)
(?)What do you have to do now?
Ss: Predict and stick
- Ss predict- T collects Ss’s ideas
Step 2: While Listening (5’)
- Introduces & Helps Ss to listen to the dialogue between Minh and Hoa & get the details.
- Helps Ss to listen to the dialogue & check the prediction & Corrects.
Step 3. Post- listening (5’)
T asks Ss to use the grid to talk about Hoa’s house.
Activity 2: Reading
Step 1: Pre Reading (8’)
(a) garden (n): Khu vườn (explaination)
(a) vegetable (n): rau (examples)
(a) photo (n): bức ảnh (realia)
(a)letter: lá thư (realia)
- Introduces the words by explaining the meaning, using the situation.
- Reads the words for the modal (3 times). Then helps SS to repeat (2 times).
- Checks S’s reading in individual & corrects the mistakes.
- Writes the words on the Bb & checks the meaning & the pronunciation.
- Corrects & asks Ss to copy the words.
Check: Slap the board
- Set the scene: What is this? (a letter). Who wrote the letter? (Nga) To whom? (Lan) Here is a letter of Nga to Lan. Nga describes the house. There are some statements about it. Some of them are true but some are not. Please give your prediction before reading the text.
-Teacher sticks the poster on the board.
- Students predict the statements are true or false.
- Teacher gives feedback.
Step 2. While Reading: (10’)
- Students read the letter A2 P 73 to check their prediction.
- T. gives feedback.
Comprehension questions: (Matching)
- Ask ss to run through the questions and the answers.
- SS work individually to do the exercise.
- Ask ss to compare with each other.
- Divide the class into two teams to match the questions and answers.
- T gives feedback.
Step 3. Post-reading (5’)
- From the main text of the letter, T. asks Ss to change the underlined information to describe their own house and then draw a picture of it as photo.
Listen and complete the table
Listening to the dialogue & getting the details.
- Listening to the dialogue & checking the prediction.
Hoa’s house is small. It is not big. There is a yard. There are flowers. There isn’t awell. There aren’t trees.
Repeating the words in chorus & in individual
- Copying the words
Working in pairs to predict which the statements is true or false.
- Comparing & Giving the keys
a. There is a river near the house.
b) There are trees to the left of the house.
c) The house is in the country.
d) There are two gardens.
Working in pairs to match the questions to the answers.
- Giving the answer keys.
a) – D; b) – A; c) – E;
d) – B; e) – C
There’s a flower garden in front of the house. There’s a vegetable garden behind the house. To the left of the house, there’s a lake. To the right is of the house, there are tall trees. Here is a photo.
IV. Summary: (1’)
Reading a letter about a house
V. Homework (1’)
- Learn by heart new words
- Do exercis