Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Unit 9: The body - Lesson 5
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Unit 9: The body - Lesson 5 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 6 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to describe people with body vocabulary
Skills: reading, listening
B. TEACHING AIDS.
Lesson plan, English book visual aids, projector, laptop, speaker..
C. METHODS: T/ WhC, pair, group, individual work
II. Warmer (5’)
III. New lesson:
Step 1: Pre Reading (12’)
round – a round face;
oval – an oval face
full/ thin – full/ thin lips;
long/ short – long/ short hair.
- Introduces the words by explaining the meaning, using the situation.
- Reads the words for the modal (3 times). Then helps SS to repeat (2 times).
- Checks S’s reading in individual & corrects the mistakes.
- Writes the words on the Bb & checks the meaning & the pronunciation.
- Ask sts to run through the pictures.
- Ask sts to listen and write the numbers next to the correct picture.
Number 1: He has an oval face and thin lips
Number 2: He has a rond face
Number 3: She has a small face and long hair
Number 4: Her hair isn’t long and isn’t short. She has full lips
- Give feedback.
Prediction (Gap fill)
- Give the picture of Miss Chi.
- Set the scence: Look at the picture, This is Miss Chi. Now we have a paragraph about her. Please guess the missing words
- SS run through the paragraph.
- SS work invidual to find out the missing words.
- Ask ss to compare with each other.
Step 2 : While Reading (15’)
Reading and checking::
- SS read the text on page 101 to correct their prediction.
- Give feedback.
- Ask ss to run through the questions
- Ask ss to work in pairs to answer the questions.
- After 4 minutes, ss ask and answer the questions in pairs
a. Is Miss. Chi’s hair long or short?
b. What color are her eyes?
c. Are her lips full or thin?
d. What color is her hair?
e. Is her nose big or small?
Step 3 : Post Reading: (8’)
- Teacher draws the table on the board. Ask students to copy.
Ask students to complete the table with suitable adjectives to describe the people
- Teacher models
- Then ask students to read out the description of each person
- Teacher models: My partner is tall and thin. She has small round face and long black hair. She has black eyes and small nose.
Repeating the words in chorus & in individual.
- Correcting the mistakes.
- Giving the meaning & the pronunciation.
- Copying the words.
Mrs Chi is (1)........ and thin. She has a (2) ........ face, (3) ......, (4).....hair, (5) ......eyes, a (6) ...... nose, (7) ........... lips and smal, (8) ........teeth
1.tall 2.round 3.long 4.black
5. brown 6. small 7.thin 8.white
a.Miss Chi’s hair is long.
b. Her eyes are brown.
c.Her hair is black
d. Her nose is small.
e. Her lips are full.
- Working in pairs to asks & answer something about themselves & take note into the table.
- Giving their information.
Short - black
IV. Summary.(2 minutes)
- Body vocabulary
- Describe people
V. Homework.(2 minutes)
Write 3 paragraph about your mum, dad and your sister (brother)