Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Unit 8: Out and about - Lesson 4
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 6
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 6 Unit 8: Out and about - Lesson 4 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 6 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to talk about what you are allowed or not allowed to do on the road using “Can/Can’t” statements and traffic vocabulary.
Skills: Speaking, writing, reading and listening.
Ps Ss have great passion for studying
B. TEACHING AIDS.
Lesson plan, English book visual aids, projector, laptop, speaker..
C. METHODS: T/ WhC, pair, group, individual work
II. Warmer (5’)
Ask sts to tell the meanings of the green light, yellow light and red light of the traffic light.
A road signal for directing vehicular traffic by means of colored lights, typically red for stop, green for go, and yellow for proceed with caution.
III. New lesson
Step 1. Presentation (13’)
- road sign (n): biển báo giao thông
- park (v) : đỗ (xe)
- difficult (adj): khó khăn
- policeman (n): công an
- one - way: đường 1 chiều
- turn left ( v) rẽ trái
- turn right (v) rẽ phải
- go straight ahead (v) đi thẳng
Introduces the words by explaining the meaning, using the situation & gives example.
- Reads the words for the modal (3 times). Then helps Ss to repeat (2 times).
- Checks S’s reading in individual & corrects the mistakes.
- Writes the words on the Bb & checks the meaning & the pronunciation.
- Corrects & asks Ss to copy the words
- Repeating the words in chorus & in individual & Correcting the mistakes
- Giving the meaning & the pronunciation.
- Copying the words
Presentation text : (A1 on page 89)
Set the scence: This is Mr Hoan. Now he is at work
Please look at the text and listen to him.
- Sts listen and repeat.
- Sts practice saying the dialogue (open pairs then close pairs).
- Ask students to read the questions aloud (one by one).
- Ask Ss to work in pairs to find out the answers of these questions.
- Give feedback.
a) What does Hoan do?
b) Is his job difficult?
a) He is a police man
b) Yes, it is
- T points to the 2 road signs ank ask sts what they mean.
- T. elicits from the students to give the model sentences.
- T. asks Ss to read the model sentences
=> Concept checking: Meaning, form, use, pronunciation
Step 2: Practice (15’)
Activity1: Picture Drill
- Run through all picture cues.
- T. models => sts repeat
Example: - What does this sign mean?
- You can park here.
- Teacher – Whole class.
- Open pairs => Close pairs.
Step 3: Production (8’)
Write it up: (C2 on page 89,90)
- T. asks sts to work individually to add can or can't to say what the road signs mean.
- T. gives feedback.
IV. Summary(2 mins)
- Road signs.
- Can / can't.
V. Homework (1’)
- Learn by heart all the new words and the road signs.
- Prepare Unit 5: C3, C4,