Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Deserts có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Deserts
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Deserts có kèm đáp án chi tiết, cụ thể dành cho các em học sinh lớp 12 ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức hiệu quả sau từng bài học. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài và tham khảo đáp án nhé!
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others:
1. A. circle B. center C. census D. cancel
2. A. area B. arise C. arrange D. arrive
3. A. dessert B. desert C. deserve D. prefer
4. A. roughly B. tough C. enough D. though
5. A. gently B. germ C. gear D. gene
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best completes each of the following sentence.
6. They made an aerial survey; that is, they made a survey_________.
A. by ship B. by plane C. on foot D. by telescope
7. Hummock grasses grow in loose sand on the crest.
A.side B. bottom C. top D. inside
8. Eight kilometers is_________ equivalent to five miles.
A. exactly B. roughly C. rarely D. precisely
9. Older people_________ a large proportion of those living in poverty.
A. comprise B. consist C. compose D. compound
10. She has the windows open, _________it is cold outside.
A. however B. therefore C. athough D. so
11. There is still much to discuss. We shall, _________, return to this item at our next meeting.
A. therefore B. moreover C. although D. so that
12. The sea was dangerous, _________we didn't go out for a swim.
A. since B. but C. so D. as
13. The new trains have more powerful engines and are; _________, faster.
A. therefore B. however C. nevertheless D. nonetheless
14. It was cold and wet. _________, Paul put on his swimming suit and went to the beach.
A. Although B. Therefore C. However D. Because
15. I had no choice_________sign the contract.
A. despite B. but C. without D. unless
16. You can dress_________you like.
A. whatever B. therefore C. however D. nevertheless
17. _________hard he tried, he couldn't open the door.
A. Therefore B. However C. Although D. Despite
18. We took a map with us_________.
A. so that we would get lost B. so that we wouldn't get lost
C. so that we won't get lost D. in order to get lost
19. We'll buy everything you produce_________it's reasonable.
A. provided B. so C. only D. except
20. Sunglasses come_________many different colors, shapes, and strengths.
A. with B. from C. by D. in
21. You are expected_________the safety regulations of the school.
A. know B. to know C. knowing D. being known
22. _________ his father, he is a biologist.
A. Like B. Alike C. The same D. As
23. Everyone_________happy at the last meeting.
A. are B. were C. was D. is
24. Did you paint it yourself or did you_________ it painted?
A. make B. do C. have D. ask
25. We_________drive fast; we have plenty of time.
A. can't B. needn't C. mustn't D. oughtn't
26. If you_________there what would you have done?,
A. were B. had been C. would be D. would have been
27. They'll be able to walk across the river_________.
A. if the ice will be thick enough B. unless the ice is thick enough
C. if the ice is thick enough D. when the ice will be thick enough
28. Please call if you're going to arrive_________.
A. as late B. late C. lately D. later than
29. Nobody knew that Uncle Ben was coming to see us. He arrived_________.
A. unexpecting B. unexpected C. unexpectedly D. expectantly
30. 'He is back already.' 'He_________very early.'
A. should have started B. must have started
C. shouldn't have started D. can't have started
31. We expected that our team_________, but it didn't.
A. will win the game B. can win the game
C. would win the game D. will be winning the game
32. You can see the details_________the computer screen.
A. in B. on C. at D. by
33. Don't walk too fast. I can't keep_________you.
A. on to B. on with C. up to D. up with
34. Rita is not used _________on her own.
A. for living B. to live C. with living D. to living
35. He bought a ticket_________.
A. and his brother did either B. but his brother didn't, too
C. and so his brother bought D. and so did his brother