Giải bài tập SBT Test yourself 3 Tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới
Giải bài tập SBT Test yourself 3 Tiếng Anh lớp 9
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Giải bài tập SBT Test yourself 3 Tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây là nguồn tài liệu học tập hữu ích giúp các bạn nâng cao hiệu quả học tập. Sau đây mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
Test Yourself 3 - Kiểm tra cá nhân 3 - trang 28
1. Complete the short conversations below with phrases/ questions from the box. Then mark with the correct tone using falling, rising, or falling-rising arrows. (1 p)
Hoàn thành đoạn hội thoại sau với các cụm từ/ câu hỏi cho trước. Ký hiệu bằng mũi tên lên, xuống để đánh dấu âm điệu.
- Do you know coconut is a basic ingredient in curries
- And what are the other three
- What language is he good at
- He's not good at English
- Official language
1. A: English is one of the four official language in Singapore.
B: (1)____________________________________________ ?
B: (2)____________________________________________ ?
A: They are Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil.
2. A: (3) ________ ?
B: Yeah, in many kinds of curries.
A: If he's good at English, he can get the job.
3. B: But if (4) ________________________________?
A: (5) ________________________________?
B: He's good at Russian.
Key - Đáp án:
2. Choose the best option for each gap to complete the sentences. (1 p)
Chọn đáp án đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống trong các câu sau.
1. The paintings___ Mr. Brown has in his house are worth around £100,000.
A. whose B. which C. what D. whom
2. ____is visiting important and historic places in a city or an area as a tourist.
A. Travelling B. Sightseeing C. Wandering D. Sunbathing
3. All____ must complete a visa form upon arrival at Singapore airport.
A. tourists B. departures C. customers D. passengers
4. The garlic sausage is also sold pre-packed in__ .
A. slices B. stalks C. sticks D. packets
5. ___ people never seem to put on weight, while others are always on a diet.
A. All B. One C. Few D. Some
6. Travellers are advised to find an alternative___ during road repairs.
A. field B. direction C. route D. itinerary
7. All food products should carry a list of __________ on the packet.
A. elements B. materials C. foods D. ingredients
8. Traditionally, an ‘English breakfast’ is a large cooked brrajrfast usually bacon and eggs, toast, bake beans, black pudding, and tea or coffee.
A. making of B. having C. consisting of D existing of
9. If you want to stay siim and healthy, you ________reduce the amount of fast food you eat every day.
A. may B. should C. need D. would
10. I have____ older brother and younger sister
A. an... a B. an... an C. a...a D. a... an
Key - Đáp án:
1. B 2. B 3. D 4. A 5. D
6. C 7. D 8. C 9. B 10. A
3. Use the correct form of the words given in brackets to complete the sentences. (1p).
1. This beefsteak is not (TENDERNESS) _______enough for my grandmother to eat.
2. This poem is written in simple English, which is immediately (ACCESS)_______ to our students.
3. This area, which is an important natural (PRESERVATION)_______ , is attracting more and more European (TOUR)_______ .
4. A (LINGUAL)_______ person is someone who can speak and use several different languages.
5. Adults often like hot, (SPICE)_______ foods, whereas children usually prefer mild ones.
6. My grandparents prefer the (SIMPLE)_______ of country living.
7. Since the mid-20th century, English has been a(n) (OFFICE)_______ language of (NATION)_______ organisations such as the United Nations.
8. Computers offer a much greater degree of (FLEXIBLE)_______ in the way work is organised.
Key - Đáp án:
1. tender 2. accessible 3. preserve ...tourists 4. multilingual 5. spicy
6. simplicity 7 official... international 8. flexibility
4. Choose the best option (A, B, C, or D) for each numbered gap to complete the passage. (1 p)
Chọn đáp án đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống trong đoạn văn sau.
What is tasty is not always healthy. Doctors say that chips and pizzas are (1) _______ , fizzy soft drinks damage our teeth, and coffee shortens our lives. If we eat (2) much, we'll become obese, and obesity leads to heart disease, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Unfortunately tie world today is (3) fatter and fatter.
Lack of exercise is another serious problem. We spend hours in front of our computers and TV sets. (4)_____ of us do morning exercises. We walk (5)_____ because we prefer to use cars or public transport. Research shows, however, that young people who don't do enough exercise often suffer from heart attacks later in life.
It's common knowledge that smoking and drinking can shorten our lives (6) _____. Cigarette-smoking, for example, kills millions of people every year. Many of them die (7) _____ lung cancer. Yet many young people still smoke and drink. Why? One (8)_____ is that tobacco and drinks companies invest enormous (9) ____ of money in advertising their products. For them, cigarettes and alcoholic drinks mean monney. For us, they mean disease and even death.
We all know that the healthier we are, the better we feel. The better we feel, the longer we live. So why not (10)____ ourselve?
B. A few
A. care for
B. look for
C. take care of
D. pay attention to
Key - Đáp án:
1. C 2. B 3. A 4. A 5. B
6. D 7. C 8. B 9. D 10. C
5. Correct the mistakes in the sentences, using a, an, the or no article. (1.p)
Sửa lỗi sai trong các câu sau, sử dụng a, an, the hoặc bỏ trống.
1. What the great progress children have made in English this year!
2. The diabetes is becoming more and more common disease in children.
3. How many hours of the sunshine does region enjoy every day?
4. The most people would agree that travelling broadens mind as you get to see so many different ways of life.
5. Britain and USA have invested greatly in the development of an English Language Teaching (ELT).
Key - Đáp án:
1. What great progress the children have made in English this year!
2. Diabetesis becoming a more and more common disease in children.
3. How many hours of sunshinedoes the region enjoy every day?
4. Most peoplewould agree that travelling broadens the mind as you get to see so many different ways of life.
5. Britain andthe USA have invested greatly in the development of English Language Teaching (ELT).
6. Insert a suitable word in each numbered blank to complete the passage. (2 p)
Điền từ thích hợp vào chỗ trống trong đoạn văn sau.
English has developed different varieties in different parts of the world.There is not (1) _____ American, Canadian, Australian, and New Zealand English, but also Indian English, Singaporean English, and so on. These languages have their own (2) _____ and spelling. They have their own (3) _____ a ‘pavement’ in Britain is a ‘sidewalk’ in North America a ‘footpath’ in Australia. In fact, one reason (4) _____ the richness of English is its a to borrow (5) _____ words from other languages and cultures that it has come into contact with. Have you ever wondered (6) _____ English often has more than one word to refer the same thing? Well, it's because new words were (7) _____ to English as a result of contact with other cultures and languages. Many words (8) _____ we consider to be English originally came from other languages, for example, ‘passport’ from French, ‘mosquito' Spanish, and ‘sauna’ from Finnish. You (9)_____ think ‘hamburger’, ‘ketchup’, and ‘coffee' would come from American English, right? No, ‘hamburger’ is from German, ‘ketchup’ is Malay ‘coffee' is Turkish, believe it or not. Some words you (10) _____ knew the origin of 'karate' is a Japanese word, for example, ‘violin’ comes from Italian, and ‘tea’ originally comes from Chr but what about the word ‘cruise’? That actually comes from Dutch.
Key - Đáp án:
1. only 2. pronunciation 3. words/ vocabulary 4. for
5. new 6. why 7. added 8. that/ which
9. may/ might/ probably 10. probably
7. Read the passage and choose the correct answer to each of the questions. (1 p)
Đọc đoạn văn sau và chọn đáp án đúng cho mỗi câu hỏi.
1. Which can be the best title for the passage?
A. Travel procedures B. Travel advice
C. How to adjust travel dates D. Protect your luggage
2. Which one of these is NOT advisable according to the passage?
A. Research your destination B. Always bring identification
C. Apply for visas if necessary D. Save money by cutting out dinner
3. According to the passage, your luggage should be .
A. stored in a safe place B. tagged in case of being lost
C. packed with your passport D. painted a bright colour
4. The underlined word ‘it’ refers to your .
A. identification B. luggage
C. passport D. flight
5. It can be inferred from the passage that____ .
A. travelling may cost more in peak season
B. you must always take cash with you
C. larger lunches cost more than smaller ones
D. you can't get back your lost luggage overseas
Key - Đáp án:
1. B 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. A
8. Combine the pairs of sentences, using relative clauses. (1 p)
Nối hai câu sau, sử dụng mệnh đề quan hệ.
1. I lent him a book. It was written by Daniel Defoe.
The book I____________________________________________________________________.
2. A nutritionist is an expert. A nutritionist studies the relationship between foods and health.
A nutritionist is______________________________________________________________.
3. My friend has decided to buy a motorbike. His bicycle was stolen last week.
4. ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire?’ is a TV show. It is very popular.
5. Yoga is a type of exercise. Many people enjoy yoga.
Key - Đáp án:
1. The book (which/ that) I lent him was written by Daniel Defoe.
2. A nutritionist is an expert who/ that studies the relationship between foods and health.
3. My friend, whose bicycle was stolen last week, has decided to buy a motorbike.
4. ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire?’ is a TV show that/ which is very popular.
5. Yoga is a type of exercise that/ which many people enjoy.
9. Complete the second sentence in each pair so that it has a similar meaing to the first sentence. (1 p)
Viết lại các câu sau sao cho nghĩa không đổi.
1. The receptionist gave me very useful information.
The information______________________________________________________________ .
2. She teaches English at our school.
She is_________________________________________ .
3. I'm not good at cooking, so I can't become a chef.
4. ‘Can you help me wash the dirty dishes?’ said Tim.
Tim asked me_______________________________________________ .
5. You should ride your bike carefully, or you may have an accident.
If you _________________________________________________________________________ .