Find the word which has a different sound in the part underlined.
Choose the correct option A, B, C or D to complete the sentences.
1. American rarely shake hands to say goodbye, except _______ business occasions.
2. In most social situations where people of acquaintance meet each other, _______ way of greeting is allowed.
3. Hand __________ can mean a person is interested in the conversation.
4. My father shouted at me, _________ made me feel sorrow.
5. As eyes contact has the ability to regulate the flow of communication, it is an important ______ of interpersonal communication.
6. If you behave yourself well, your parents will be _________.
7. I believe that our new manager has the _________ to work well in this business environment.
8. _____________ at someone is usually considered rude.
9. In the first meeting, people often _______ your visual and behavioural appearance from head to toe.
10. The most common way of attracting someone’s attention is by ___________.