Bài tập Unit 9 lớp 11 Cities of the future nâng cao
Bài tập tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9 Cities of the future có đáp án
Bài tập Unit 9 lớp 11 Cities of the future có đáp án nằm trọng bộ bài tập tiếng Anh 11 theo từng Unit do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra Unit 9 Cities of the future có đáp án đươc biên tập bám sát nội dung SGK tiếng Anh lớp 11 giúp các em ôn tập Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm hiệu quả.
Bài tập Unit 9 lớp 11 Cities of the future
Bản quyền thuộc về VnDoc nghiêm cấm mọi hành vi sao chép vì mục đích thương mại
Find the word which has a different sound in the part underlined.
1. A. book
2. A. thank
3. A. dweller
Mark the letter A, B, G, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
1. Local authorities should find ways to limit the use of private cars and encourage city ____ to use public transport.
2. London is a/an ____ city. It's a melting pot for people from all parts of the world.
3. If anyone ____, ____ him I ____ back at 9 o'clock.
A. calls / tell / will be
B. called / telling / would be
C. is calling / tells / am
D. will call / to tell / am
4. New York has invested substantially in improving the ____ of its waterways in recent years.
5. ____ there are some more ideas, we can end the meeting now.
C. As if
D. In case
6. I think the cities of tomorrow also need to consider the availability of open space, ____?
A. do I
B. don't I
C. do they
D. don't they
Use the word given in capitals at the end of each line to form the word that fits in the gap in the same line.
1. The rapid growth of the population has caused daunting problems for city planners, such as ___________ roads. (CROWDED)
2. It comes as no surprise that Seattle is the gold standard of __________ city living. (SUSTAIN)
3. New York City is expected to increase its ________ energy capacity by 50% by 2050. (RENEW)
4. They are building a new waste __________ plant to treat wastewater before it is reused or discharged into rivers. (PROCESS)
5. Be ___________ for overcrowded streets and shopping malls when you visit big cities like Hong Kong and Beijing. (PREPARE)
1. The rapid growth of the population has caused daunting problems for city planners, such as ____overcrowded_______ roads. (CROWDED)
2. It comes as no surprise that Seattle is the gold standard of _____sustainable_____ city living. (SUSTAIN)
3. New York City is expected to increase its ____renewable____ energy capacity by 50% by 2050. (RENEW)
4. They are building a new waste _____processing_____ plant to treat wastewater before it is reused or discharged into rivers. (PROCESS)
5. Be _____prepared______ for overcrowded streets and shopping malls when you visit big cities like Hong Kong and Beijing. (PREPARE)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
1. Today Islamabad is a thriving city of about 1 million people. It offers a healthy climate, a pollution-free atmosphere, plenty of water, and many green spaces.
A. healthy B. prosperous C. modern D. green
2. The urban planners are working for Eco Infrastructure Network, whose main function is to deal with urban environmental problems to make Super Star City greener, cleaner, and more sustainable.
A. eye-catching B. developed C. long-lasting D. friendly
3. Many city dwellers, especially those in developing countries, still live in poverty.
A. people B. migrants C. immigrants D. residents
Read the passage, and choose the correct answer A, B, C or D for each question.
Today's urban cities are practically bursting at the seams. According to research from the United Nations, 54 percent of the world's population lives in urban cities areas, a percentage that is expected to increase to over 66 percent by 2050. In fact, India alone is projected to add 404 million urban dwellers to its population by 2050.
This rapid growth of the urban population has caused daunting problems for city planners, such as overcrowded roads, excessive energy consumption and unemployment. Therefore, to build more sustainable cities and accommodate the growing number of residents, many city leaders are turning to the Internet of things (IoT).
The IoT has forever changed the way urban cities operate. Cities that were once detached and inaccessible are now intelligent and highly connected. From Amsterdam to Seoul, cities are launching smart city projects to help improve quality of life residents and better support the environment. According to research from IHS Technology, there will be at least 88 smart cities globally by 2025, up from 21 in 2013.
San Francisco, for example, provides more than 100 charging stations in various locations to promote the use of hybrid and electric cars to reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions. Copenhagen is also taking advantage of the lot to improve environmental protection and reduce road traffic by developing smart bikes equipped with sensors that generate date on air contamination and traffic congestion.
The possibilities afforded by the IoT are endless; however, designing smart cities quires comprehensive technology infrastructure that is capable of capturing and processing large amounts of data quickly and securely - which is where 4G LTE comes into play.
The future looks bright for urban cities. Soon they will be able to do things that only sci-fi enthusiasts could dream of before, like monitoring bridge conditions using intelligent sensors and conserving energy by automatically dimming street lights when no one is around.
1. Some cities which follow this trend of the new technology ____.
A. introduce smart bikes to escape air contamination and traffic congestion
B. provide charging stations in various locations for cars and bikes
C. make transportation more eco-friendly and more convenient
D. only allow the use of hybrid and electric cars to reduce pollution
2. All of the following are the advantages of the IoT EXCEPT that ____
A. the Internet of Things will be applied in several cities around the world
B. the number of smart cities decreases but the quality is much better
C. cities around the world become more intelligent and connected
D. we may improve quality of life and better support the environment
3. Today's urban cities ____.
A. are in fact extremely crowded
B. are bursting around the world
C. account for 66 percent of the world's population
D. have more 404 million dwellers by 2050
4. The potential of the IoT includes all of the following EXCEPT that ____.
A. intelligent sensors can help watch and check bridge conditions carefully
B. energy conservation can be done by automatically controlling street lights
C. things that only sci-fi enthusiasts could dream of before come true
D. comprehensive technology infrastructure to support the IoT is endless
5. The Internet of Things allows the city planners and leaders ____.
A. to develop the broadband Internet connectivity in urban cities
B. to forget daunting problems, such as overcrowded roads, and unemployment
C. to stop the rapid growth of the urban population in most cities
D. to make cities more sustainable and provide enough accommodation
Rewrite these sentences, beginning as shown, so that the meaning stays the same.
1. I don't buy it because I don't have enough money.
2. I didn't eat breakfast several hours ago, so I am hungry now.
3. Keeping calm is the secret of passing your driving test.
4. I didn't eat breakfast several hours ago, so I am hungry now.
5. If John had played for our football team, we would not have lost the game.
1. If I had enough money, I would buy it.
2. If I had eaten breakfast several hours ago, I wouldn’t be hungry now.
3. As long as you keep calm, you will pass your driving test.
4. If I had eaten breakfast several hours ago, I wouldn’t be hungry now.
5. Unless John had played for our football team, we would have lost the game.
Download Đề thi & Đáp án tại: Bài tập Unit 9 lớp 11 Cities of the future.