Bài tập Tiếng Anh 11 Unit 6 Global Warming
Bài tập tự luận và trắc nghiệm môn Anh Unit 6 lớp 11
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 6 nâng cao: Global Warming do VnDoc.com tự biên soạn và đăng tải dưới đây tổng hợp các dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm phổ biến trong Tiếng Anh 11 mới đi kèm đáp án.
Bài tập Unit 6 lớp 11 Global Warming
Bản quyền thuộc về VnDoc nghiêm cấm mọi hành vi sao chép vì mục đích thương mại
I. Fill in each blank in the passage with the correct word/ phrase from the box. There are some extras.
France was officially appointed the (1) ______________ country for COP21. COP21, also known as the 2015 Paris Climate Conference, will be one of the largest international conferences ever held in France
This Conference is crucial because it must result in an international climate agreement enabling us to limit (2) ________________ to below 20C.
Firstly, an ambitious, binding agreement on (3) ______________ that applies to all countries. Secondly, each country determines contributions to the Green Climate Fund. Climate (4) ______________ will also be a crucial component. Lastly, local and regional (5) ______________ and businesses will support the contributions made by states.
2. global warming
3. climate change
II. Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D
1. The president of the company officially apologised to the local residents ____ having dumped a large amount of raw sewage in the area.
2. Even when arrested, he denied ____ cut down that tree.
D. have had
3. A layer of greenshous gases - primarily water vapor, and carbon dioxide - acts as a ___________ blanket for the Earth. Absorbing heat and warming the surface.
4. The effects of climate change on humans and nature are ____.
5. Vietnam has been named among the 12 countries most ____ for climate change by the World Bank.
A. at danger
B. in risk
C. at risk
6. Certain ____ in the atmosphere, such as carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxide, block heat from escaping.
7. He denied having polluted the environment, ____ no one believed him.
D. in spite of
8. Those farmers admitted ____ having used more chemical fertilisers than needed.
III. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
The costs and benefits of global warming will vary greatly from area to area. For moderate climate change, the balance can be difficult to assess. But the larger the change in climate, the more negative the consequences will become. Global warming will probably make life harder, not easier, for most people. This is mainly because we have already built enormous infrastructure based on the climate we now have.
People in some temperate zones may benefit from milder winters, more abundant rainfall, and expanding crop production zones. But people in other areas will suffer from increased heat waves, coastal erosion, rising sea le more erratic rainfall, and droughts.
The crops, natural vegetation, and domesticated and wild animals (including seafood) that sustain people in a given area may be unable to adapt to local or regional changes in climate. The ranges of diseases and insect pests that are limited by temperature may expand, if other environmental conditions are also favourable.
In its summary report on the impacts of climate change, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change stated, "Taken as a whole, the range of published evidence indicates that the net damage costs of climate change are likely to be significant and to increase over time.”
1. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. Environment pollution is real. B. Reasons why low-lying areas are flooded.
C. Solutions to global warming. D. Reasons why global warming is a problem.
2. Which of the following is TRUE as the result of global warming?
A. All people suffer from global warming.
B. All people benefit from global warming.
C. Life is more difficult for the majority of people.
D. Life is easier for most people.
3. In paragraph 1, the word “this” refers to ____.
A. harder life as a result of global warming
B. easier life as a result of global warming
C. climate change on global scale
D. flood in low-lying areas
4. In paragraph 2, the word “erratic” is closest in meaning to ____.
5. According to the passage, all of the following are the results of global warming EXCEPT ____.
A. higher temperature B. coastal erosion
C. increasing sea level D. stable rainfall
6. What may happen to diseases and insect pests as a result of global warming?
A. They will become extinct. B. They will increase in number.
C. They will not harm our planet. D. They will be under good control.
IV. Rewrite the sentences, using perfect gerunds.
1. Nam won a scholarship. We are excited about that fact.
2. Entering the room, I was surprised at what I saw.
3. They have been unprepared for sudden floods last year. They remember that.
They remember __________________________________
4. The US goverment had provided insufficient supplies for the flood victims. Local communites in New Orleans criticized the US goverment for that.
Local communities in New Orleans __________________
5. It was said that he had pumped salty water into the fileds illegally. And he admitted that.
He admitted that _________________________________
1. We are excited about Nam’s winning a scholarship.
2. When I enter the room, I was surprised at what I saw.
3. They remember having been unprepared for sudden floods last year
4. Local communities in New Orleans criticized the US government for having provided insufficient supplies for the flood victims.
5. He admitted having pumped salty water into the fields illegally.
V. Use the word given in capitals at the end of each line to form the word that fits in the gap in the same line.
1. Even slight increase in the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere can cause a ____________ rise in temperature. (SIGNIFICANCE)
2. There is a ____________ between the recent droughts and climate change. (CONNECT)
3. Every one of us can help to protect and sustain our environment by ____________ our consumption habits. (CHANGE)
4. The ____________ of the earth's atmosphere causes sea-level rise. (WARM)
1. Even slight increase in the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere can cause a ___significant__ rise in temperature. (SIGNIFICANCE)
2. There is a ___connection____ between the recent droughts and climate change. (CONNECT)
3. Every one of us can help to protect and sustain our environment by ____changing_____ our consumption habits. (CHANGE)
4. The ____warming____ of the earth's atmosphere causes sea-level rise. (WARM)
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
1. Having seen people suffer global warming consequences, we decided to reduce carbon footprints.
A. We decided to reduce carbon footprints before seeing people suffer global warming consequences.
B. We saw people suffer global warming consequences after we decided to reduce carbon footprints.
C. We decided to cut down on carbon footprints after we saw people suffer global warming consequences.
D. We decided to cut down on carbon footprints before we saw people suffer global warming consequences.
2. Climate change leads to numerous catastrophic consequences.
A. Numerous catastrophic consequences result in climate change.
B. Numerous catastrophic consequences result from climate change.
C. Climate change results from numerous catastrophic consequences.
D. Numerous catastrophic consequences cause climate change.
3. The increase in earth's temperature can cause heat-related illnesses.
A. Heat-related illnesses result from the increase in earth's temperature.
B. Heat-related illnesses result in the increase in earth's temperature.
C. Heat-related illnesses lead to the increase in earth's temperature.
D. Heat-related illnesses trigger the increase in earth's temperature.
4. Carbon dioxide is one of the primary greenhouse gases that cause global warming.
A. Carbon dioxide is the only greenhouse gas that causes global warming.
B. Global warming results in greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide.
C. One of the main greenhouse gases that lead to global warming is carbon dioxide.
D. Global warming causes greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide.
5. Planting trees can contribute to reducing global warming.
A. Global warming can't be controlled by planting trees.
B. Planting trees is the only way to control global warming.
C. Planting trees can accelerate global warming.
D. Planting trees can help reduce global warming.
Bài tập tự luận và trắc nghiệm môn Anh lớp 11 Unit 6 tổng hợp các dạng bài tập phổ biến giúp học sinh lớp 11 củng cố kiến thức và chuẩn bị cho kì thi cuối kỳ sắp tới. Bên cạnh đó các em có thể tham khảo tài liệu môn Toán 11 và Ngữ Văn lớp 11. Mời các em tham khảo bài sau đây.
Trên đây VnDoc.com đã giới thiệu Bài tập Unit 6 lớp 11 Global Warming. Mời các bạn tham khảo tham khảo thêm các tài liệu học tập lớp 11 hay như Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 6 nâng cao: Global Warming, Kiểm tra từ vựng Unit 6 lớp 11 Global Warming.... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời các bạn tham gia nhóm Tài liệu học tập lớp 11 để nhận thêm những tài liệu hay: Nhóm Tài liệu học tập lớp 11