Bài tập cụm từ và mệnh đề chỉ mục đích
Bài tập về cụm từ và mệnh đề chỉ mục đích
Bài tập về cụm từ và mệnh đề chỉ mục đích có đáp án (Phrases and clauses of purpose exercises with keys) được VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải với hy vọng các bạn sẽ có nhiều tài liệu ôn tập ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh hiệu quả. Mời các bạn tham khảo.
I. Phrases of purpose (Cụm từ chỉ mục đích)
1. Nếu muốn diễn tả mục đích khẳng định, ta dùng một cụm từ bắt đầu bằng “to”, “in order to”, “so as to”.
S + V + to-infinitive
S + V + in order to + V (bare- infinitive) Để mà
S + V + so as to + V (bare- infinitive)
- I try to study to pass my next exam.
- I try to study in order to pass my next exam.
- He does morning exercises regularly so as to improve his health.
2. Nếu muốn diễn tả mục đích phủ định, ta dùng một cụm từ bắt đầu bằng “so as not” hoặc “in order not to”
- She got up early so as not to miss the bus.
- He studies hard so as not to fail in the exam.
II. Clauses of purpose (Mệnh đề chỉ mục đích)
Mệnh đề chỉ mục đích thường được bắt đầu bằng: “so that”, “in order that”.
S+ V + so that/ in order that + S + will/ would + V (bare-infinitive)
- I try all my best to study English in order that I can I can find a better job.
- I try to study so that I can pass the exam.
- He hurried so that he wouldn’t miss the train.
Lưu ý: nếu chủ ngữ của mệnh đề chính và mệnh đề chỉ mục đích khác nhau, ta không được dùng phrases of purpose.
Phrases and clauses of purpose exercises
1. He left home early _________ he could arrive at the station on time.
A. because of B. in order to C. although D. so that
2. He works hard_________ help his family.
A. so as that B. in order to C. in order that D. A and B are correct
3. She turned down the radio so that she wouldn’t disturb the neighbors.
A. She turned down the radio so as not to disturb the neighbors.
B. She turned down the radio in order not to disturb the neighbors.
C. She turned down the radio in order that she wouldn’t disturb the neighbors.
D. All are correct.
4. He gave me his address. He wanted me to visit him.
A. He gave me his address so as to visit him.
B. He gave me his address for me in order to visit him.
C. He gave me his address in order for me to visit him.
D. He gave me his address in order to for me visit him.
5. He studies hard. He doesn’t want to fail in the exam.
He studies hard _________fail in the exam.
A. not to B. so as not to C. in order to D. so that
6. Mary jogs everyday ________ lose weight.
A. so she can B. so that she can C. because she can D. so that to
7. You should look up the meaning of the new in the dictionary _______ misuse it
A. so as to B. to C. so as not to D. so that
8. He lighted the candle ________ he might read the note.
A. so that B. and C. because D. as a result
9. He turned off the lights before going out _______ waste electricity.
A. so that not B. as not to C. in order that not D. so as not to
Đáp án bài tập về cụm từ và mệnh đề chỉ mục đích