Bài tập cách thành lập từ tiếng Anh có đáp án
Bài tập cách thành lập từ Tiếng Anh có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề Ôn tập Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh theo chuyên đề do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Bài tập về Word Formation gồm nhiều các bài tập Cho dạng đúng của từ cơ bản đến bài tập Word Form nâng cao có đáp án với nhiều câu hỏi hay giúp các bạn ôn tập Tiếng Anh hiệu quả.
22 Bài tập word form từ cơ bản đến nâng cao
Exercise 1. Give the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. Detroit is renowned for the __________ of cars. PRODUCE
2. If you make a good ___________ at the interview, you will get the job. IMPRESS
3. Teaching and medicine are more than __________, they're professions. OCCUPY
4. My history teacher has a vast ___________ of past events. KNOW
5. You are never too old to go to college and gain some ___________ QUALIFY
6. My greatest __________ was graduating from the university. ACHIEVE
7. The weatherman said there is a strong ___________ of rain today. POSSIBLE
8. Some old laws are no longer ___________ EFFECT
9. Athens is___________ for its ancient buildings. FAME
10. He was caught shoplifting so now he has a ___________ record. CRIME
11. Despite her severe _________, she fulfilled her goals in life. DISABLE
12. Being ___________ is the worst thing that can happen to someone. EMPLOY
13. If you buy presents in the summer your ___________ can be very high. SAVE
14. Due to the pilot's __________, the copilot managed to land safely. GUIDE
15. It's important to also see the less_________ sides of the job. DESIRE
16. I was surprised at his__________ to give up. REFUSE
17. Children are by nature__________ of danger. AWARE
18. She is always___________ towards her parents. RESPECT
19. The hospital has the best medical_________ and fast ambulances. EQUIP
20. You can relax in the comfortable__________ of the hotel. SURROUND
21. The ___________ looked dark and there were hardly any other guests. ENTER
22. Artists must be ___________, otherwise they just repeat what they see or hear. CREATE
23. Why are you so ___________ of his work? He's just doing his best. CRITIC
24. Have you made up your mind? We need to know your ___________ as soon as possible. DECIDE
25. He's too shy to look people ___________ when he talks to them. DIRECT
26. Have they put the Christmas ___________ yet? DECORATE
27. They put too many unnecessary ___________ in food. ADD
28. I ___________ think that there's no point in arguing with him. Just ignore him. HONEST
29. Extraterrestrial life has not been ___________ proved yet. SCIENCE
30. Why don't you call the ___________ if the lights don't work? ELECTRIC
31. Music and television are forms of ___________ ENTERTAIN
32. The concert didn't live up to our ___________ EXPECT
33. The electric company admitted their ___________ for the blackout. RESPOND
34. Did you use to have ___________ as a child? ALLOW
35. I don't like those trousers, no matter how ___________ they are. FASHION
36. Life ___________ varies according to country and gender. EXPECT
Exercise 2. Give the correct form of the word in brackets.
1) We need to find a __________ to the problem as soon as possible. (solve)
2) Juan speaks English fluently and makes very few __________ mistakes. (grammar)
3) The teacher keeps a record of every student's __________ . (attend)
4) Air-conditioning is a ___________ if you live somewhere like the south of Spain. (necessary)
5) Don't be afraid of the dog. He's absolutely __________ . (harm)
6) The company is trying hard to improve customer __________ . (satisfy)
7) Measures were taken around the world to __________ airport security after the 11 September attacks. (tight)
8) We're going to change our suppliers as they have become very __________ in the last year. (rely)
9) Patricia's very __________ . She writes short stories, paints and makes mosaics. (create)
10) We need your __________ at the bottom of the page. (sign)
Exercise 3. Give the correct form of the words in bracket.
1) The index at the back of the book is in __________ order. (alphabet)
2) The fans waved __________ as the film star stepped out of the limousine. (excite)
3) Chickenpox is a highly __________ disease which many people catch as a child. (infect)
4) Matt is very __________ . He wants to be number one at everything. (compete)
5) Harry loves cars and he's so __________ about them. (knowledge)
6) There is little __________ of the president being re-elected. (likely)
7) The prime minister thinks there may be a __________ to overthrow him. (conspire)
8) In __________ with Tokyo, London and Paris are relatively cheap. (compare)
9) The police were unable to __________ that she had committed the crime. (proof)
10) The president's speech went on for so long that I almost died of __________ ! (bore)
Exercise 4. Cho dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc.
1) Naomi and Kurt have three children. Naomi also has a daughter from a previous ________ . (marry)
2) The film was so ________ . You knew exactly how it was going to end. (predict)
3) The goverment is concerned about the significant rise in ________ . (homeless)
4) It has been ________ proven that stroking a cat can lower your blood pressure. (scientific)
5) Thanks to the large ________ from her grandmother Paula was able to buy a villa in the south of France. (inherit)
6) In the UK it is ________ to sell cigarettes to children under 16. (legal)
7) You can ________ your tea with honey instead of sugar. (sweet)
8) You need to _______ the final point of the presentation. It's rather confusing. (clear)
9) The film turned out to be a big ________ . It was really quite boring. (disappoint)
10) The ________ between the city's two football teams is often quite fierce. (rival)
Exercise 5. Cho dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc tiếng Anh.
1) Lizzy has just won a ________ to a world-renowned university. (scholar)
2) It's ________ arguing with them. They are not going to change their mind. (point)
3) You will need your parents' _______ if you want to go on the school trip. (permit)
4) It's a wonderful restaurant. Great food and excellent service. We _______ recommend it! (high)
5) Thank you so much for the flowers. It's very ________ of you. (thought)
6) Sarah speaks perfect French as she spent much of her __________ in Canada. (child)
7) I've ________ my wallet. Have you seen it anywhere? (place)
8) Don't forget to ________ the modem when you have finished using it. (connect)
9) Ben sulks like a child when he doesn't get his own way. He's so ________ . (mature)
10) Oliver's CV is truly _______ . He's bound to get the job. (impress)
Exercise 6. Cho dạng đúng của từ trong ngoặc tiếng Anh.
1. It's totally ___________ that you stayed home when you were sick.UNDERSTAND
2. Don't laugh at his stupid jokes! You'll only ___________ him to say them again. COURAGE
3. That sidewalk is ___________ (slip), I almost fell!
4. After Monday, I will no longer be a foreigner--I am receiving my ___________ (citizen)!
5. Arthur will be very lonely unless you ___________ (friend) him.
6. Every afternoon, the cooks ___________ (sharp) their knives in preparation for dinner.
7. I hate being around Mary Lou, she is so ___________ (friendly).
8. The stock market crash of 1929 left my great-grandfather ___________ (penny).
9. I have a class at 8:00 a.m. but I always ___________ (sleep).
10. The groom may ___________ (veil) the bride only when their vows have been exchanged
11. I think we should try something else. That strategy seems way too ___________ (risk).
12. My father's death left me with a great ___________ (empty) in my heart.
13. George W. Bush is pretending that he attacked Iraq to ___________ (liberty) the Iraqis.
14. Americans fought hard to earn their ___________ (free) from Britain.
15. When you work at a nuclear power plant, you have to be extremely ___________ (care).
16. Every time I think I've beaten you, you ___________ (do) me!
17. I had to take three months off when I was pregnant, but my boss has been very ___________ (understand).
18. He will ___________ (cork) the wine as soon as we are ready for dinner.
19. You need to work on your orthography so you don't ___________ (spell) these words.
20. The weather ___________ (cast) looks bad for a picnic--rainy and windy!
Exercise 7. Cho dạng đúng của từ in hoa.
We earn our _____ (LIVE) in America today in peaceful ______ (COMPETE) with people all across the Earth. Profound and _____ (POWER) forces are shaking and _____ (MAKE) our world, and the urgent question of our time is whether we can make change our friend and not our enemy. This new world has already _____ (RICH) the lives of millions of Americans who are able to _____ (COMPETITION) and win in it. But when most people are working harder for less, when others cannot work at all, when the cost of health care devastates families and threatens to _____ (BANK) our enterprises, great and small, when the fear of crime robs law abiding citizens of their _____ (FREE), and when millions of poor children cannot even imagine the lives we are calling them to lead, we have not made change our friend.
Exercise 8. Cho dạng đúng của từ in hoa
It is simply this. That Space, as our _____ (MATH) have it, is spoken of as having three dimensions, which one may call _____ (LONG), Breadth, and _____ (THICK), and is always definable by _____ (REFER) to three planes, each at right angles to the others. But some philosophical people have been asking why THREE dimensions _____ (PARTICULAR) - why not another direction at right angles to the other three?--and have even tried to construct a Four-Dimension geometry. Professor Simon Newcomb was expounding this to the New York Mathematical Society only a month or so ago. You know how on a flat surface, which has only two dimensions, we can represent a figure of a three _____ (DIMENSION) solid, and _____ (SIMILAR) they think that by models of thee dimensions they could represent one of four--if they could master the _____ (PERCEIVE) of the thing. See?'
Exercise 9. Cho dạng đúng của từ in hoa
In the centre of the room, clamped to an upright easel, stood the full-length portrait of a young man of _____ (ORDINARY) personal beauty, and in front of it, some little _____ (DISTANT) away, was sitting the artist himself, Basil Hallward, whose sudden _____ (APPEAR) some years ago caused, at the time, such public _____ (EXCITE), and gave rise to so many strange conjectures. As the painter looked at the _____ (GRACE) and comely form he had so _____ (SKILL) mirrored in his art, a smile of ______ (PLEASE) passed across his face, and seemed about to linger there. But he _____ (SUDDEN) started up, and, closing his eyes, placed his fingers upon the lids, as though he sought to _____ (PRISON) within his brain some curious dream from which he feared he might _____ (WAKE).
Exercise 10. Cho dạng đúng của từ in đậm.
1. The Sultan spent over fifty million dollars making the capital city's main hotel the most……… in the country. luxury
2. Police working on solving the bank robbery have by chance…………… a plan to murder a leading politician. cover
3. We should go and eat at "Franco's" which is………….. a great little restaurant. suppose
4. I left the house at 8am and stared at the empty garage in………….. My car was nowhere to be seen. Someone had stolen it! believe
5. If you have any problems finding things, just ask Roger. He is very…………… and will tell you where to find what you want. help
6. You paid $25 for a simple breakfast?! They have certainly…………… you! You should go back and complain. charge
7. The gang robbed three banks in the same city and all at about the same time. Not……….., they were caught by the police during the fourth attempt. surprise
8. Sarina is only my half sister because we have………… mothers. differ
Exercise 11. Cho dạng đúng của từ in đậm.
1. This queue hasn't moved in five minutes. I'm getting a bit………….! (patient)
2. Politicians should spend some time living on the streets like………….. people have to and then they would understand better the problems they have. (home)
3. Carl was calmly taking a photograph as this………….. large bear walked towards the car. It was a terrifying experience...at least for me! (astonish)
4. If you go walking around the factory, ensure you have…………… clothing on. (protect)
5. Are you sure you have cleaned the kitchen? There is still a pretty………….. smell coming from it. (pleasant)
6. Although it isn't definite we will see you tomorrow, it is quite………….. (like)
7. Be sure not to put more than three……………… of vodka into the mix, otherwise it will be too alcoholic. (spoon)
8. Finding a cure for cancer will be a huge ………….breakthrough for mankind. (medicine)
Exercise 12. Cho dạng đúng của từ in đậm tiếng Anh.
1. Buying and selling antiques can be a very …………..hobby if you know how to find a good bargain. (profit)
2. We were left without any money for the last part of our holiday because we had ………… the cost of the train ticket to Norway. (estimate)
3. Mr. Transom stared ………….. at the group of students talking in the corner and they shut up immediately. (cross)
4. Jennings is so …………enthusiastic about the game that his enthusiasm spreads to his team-mates and the result is usually a strong performance. (wonder)
5. I think I was …………. sacked and have decided to bring the company to court. (fair)
6. Have you seen my handbag John? It seems to have totally ………… ! (appear)
7. You know your father is the most ……….. person in the world. He is sure to be wearing one of his old sweaters to the party. (fashion)
8. People will need to see …………. provable information before they can believe in something like life on other planets. (science)
Exercise 13. Cho dạng đúng của từ in đậm tiếng Anh.
1. It isn't very ………..that Paula is at home, is it? She usually works at this time. (like)
2. Megan was told by her dietician that she was becoming …………thin and should eat more. (danger)
3. ……….is the spice of life, says the proverb and everyone should try and do new things and meet new people to avoid becoming bored. (vary)
4. Harry had a difficult …………. and was brought up by an aunt and uncle living in the country. (child)
5. The whole dispute began after a small …………. over the money needed to finance the new company. (agree)
6. The introduction of insecticides in the 20th Century ………agriculture across the world. (revolution)
7. All the coastal towns in this area are …….. by strong tradition of dance and there is a festival of dance that takes place every August. (character)
8. My company has spent a lot of money building a new, ………factory which will nearly double production. (computer)
Exercise 14. Cho dạng đúng của từ in đậm tiếng Anh.
1. I was just trying to be …….. towards him and he accused me of wanting his money! (friend)
2. The south-west of England, for example Devon and Cornwall, is known as the …….part of the United Kingdom. (sun)
3. What you may think is ……….is really just over-enthusiasm. He would never harm anyone. (hostile)
4. Anyone being rude and ……… to our staff will be asked to leave the premises immediately. (abuse)
5. Men have more of a ……. to put weight on around the waist and stomach areas and this is something they should be aware of. (tend)
6. Three weeks after winning the lottery, Daniel Perkins had the ……. to lose a court case in which he was being sued for nearly $2million. (fortune)
7. The pharmaceutical company's …….. have discovered a better way of combining medicines to create a flu remedy. (search)
8. The babies were put up for ………..when their mother was jailed for her part in the murder. (adopt)
Exercise 15. Cho dạng đúng của từ in đậm tiếng Anh.
1. Herbert has been a(n) ……..member of this company's staff. I don't know what I would do without him! (dispense)
2. The food at the restaurant was simply delicious. I just didn't think there was enough ……. (vary)
3. Even though the actors did quite a poor job of bringing the book to the stage, the ……was of the highest quality. (produce)
4. Even though he is only 17, he is a very ………. tennis player who could have a big future in the game. (promise)
5. The stock market has risen ……….in the last six months and now is a good time to invest. (consider)
6. The …………of the printer is often believed to have been one of the most important of the last 500 years. (invent)
7. My brother chose that university because it does a very well recommended ……. course and that's what he has always wanted to do. (journalist)
8. Hamish had the ………..to lose his job only three weeks after getting married. But things turned out alright in the end. (fortune)
Exercise 16. Cho dạng đúng của từ in đậm.
1. There will be a special………….….meeting tomorrow morning at 9a.m which everyone has to attend. (safe)
2. The modernisation of the factory…………….productivity but unfortunately, many people lost their jobs. (double)
3. All students must take English and Mathematics. Then they must choose two other courses, but the course in International Relations is……………. (option)
4. It is my dream to work in the ship-building industry but unfortunately, there is so much…………around that I may have to alter my ambitions. (employ)
5. Too much of the food we eat nowadays is full of chemicals and other…………...(add)
6. Come to my house tomorrow,…………. as early as possible. (prefer)
7. I do like your new friend Jasper. He tells the funniest jokes and seems to be a very………young man. (entertain)
8. He has just asked me for money again. That's the……….time and he doesn't seem to understand the word "no"! (three)
Exercise 17. Cho dạng đúng của từ in đậm.
1. How long do we have to sit in this police station waiting. It's making me feel very………watching all these criminals walking past. (easy)
2. He did a great report on the future of the ship-building industry but I didn't agree with his……….at all. (conclude)
3. I'm afraid Mr. Perkins is…………..at the moment. He seems to be in a meeting. Is there any message you would like me to pass on to him? (available)
4. People with…………..have been demanding better access to the local government buildings downtown. They want a wheelchair ramp built and electric sliding doors. (able)
5. I don't speak Spanish very well but I can read it quite……………. (easy)
6. I accepted the job without………….when I heard what the wage was! (hesitate)
7. Stop sitting there looking so bored and…………... Get up and find something to do! I don't want you sitting around the house like this all summer. (enthusiasm)
8. Yesterday, the government announced a $10 million increase in the town's budget to try and tackle the …………….problem that exists. (house)
1. He started the youth group to keep local ____ off the streets. (YOUNG)
2. The price of clay, supplies and equipment is a small percentage of the total cost to ____ pottery. (PRODUCT)
3. Today, _____ Hang Trong paintings are found only in museums or fine art galleries. (AUTHENTICITY)
4. Mass _____ started in 1989 when the first 340 Windsurf guests arrived. (TOUR)
5. The second collection was more decorative, inspired by _____ and pattern. (EMBROIDER)
6. I’d like to thank everyone for helping to make this day ____ for us. (MEMORY)
7. It is forbidden to hunt for that kind of bird. It has been listed as one of the _____ species (DANGER)
8. If don’t go to work regularly, you will be punished for _____ in work. (REGULARITY)
9. Every young man undergoing military training is bound to experience ____ (COMFORT)
10. Tom’s failure was due not to _____ but to his own mistakes. (FORTUNE)
1. The weather was terrible, so we had a very _____ holiday. (PLEASE)
2. ____ to the school is by examination only. (ADMIT)
3. In winter it is important for farmers to provide food and _____ for their animals (WARM)
4. He wanted a divorce because his wife had been ______ (FAITH)
5. He is a notorious _____ who robbed a bank yesterday. (CRIME)
6. These products are called lacquerware because they are ____ covered with lacquer. (DECORATE)
7. These fully ____ craftsmen amazed me with their product (TALENT)
8. When tourist come to a specific place, many of them choose to buy crafts as souvenirs to ____ them of the place they have been to. (REMIND)
9. These _____ live mainly on farming and marking incenses when crops are over. ( VILLAGE)
10. The place has a rich long - lasting ____ (HISTORY)
1. These baskets are ______ from strips of bamboo. (WEAVE)
2. We are impressed by a wide _____ of lacquerwares in the showroom. (VARY)
3. My grandfather has devoted himself to many _____ events in our community. (CULTURE)
4. Do you know that ____ have to follow 15 stages to make a conical hat? (ART)
5. There are a lot of silk _____ such as scarves, ties and dresses in our shop. (PRODUCE)
6. They showed me a marble sculpture which was _____ made by hand. (SKILL)
7. Obviously, our handicrafts are in _____ with those of other villages. (COMPETE)
1. We take _____ in being students of one of the most famous schools in this city. PROUD
2. What is the _____ between the ao dai nowadays and the one 100 years ago? DIFFERENT
3. The government has plans to _____ this city. MODERN
4. Those boys are _____ to talk to. INTEREST
5. The earthquake in Kobe in 1995 caused _____ damage. DISASTER
6. _____, people eat sticky rice cakes at Tet. TRADITION
7. He is an _____ of this newspaper. EDITION
8. This book is not _____.AVAIL
9. It’s an _____ day. ENJOY
10. He _____ answered these questions. EXACT
1. The _____ of people prefer TV to radio. MAJOR
2. The next stage in the _____ of television is interactive TV. DEVELOP
3. The country's official _____ of Malaysia is Islam. RELIGIOUS
4. I like this website because it is _____ for me. USE
5. I hope to speak English as _____ as my teacher. GOOD
6. The _____ of the new guest caused trouble to my aunt. ARRIVE
7. He learns very well and his parents are _____ of him. PRIDE
8. Many _____ have made lots of changes to The ao dai. DESIGN
9. Thousands of people have been made _____ by the flood. HOME
10. She was _____ because her mother was sick. HAPPY
Đáp án bài tập Word form
|1. production||2. impression||3. occupations||4. knowledge||5. qualification||6. achievement|
|7. possibility||8. effective||9. famous||10. criminal||11. disability||12. unemployed|
|13. savings||14. guidance||15. desirable||16. refusal||17. unaware||18. Respectful|
|19. equipment||20. surroundings||21. entrance||22. Creative||23. critical||24. Decision|
|25. directly||26. decorations||27. additives||28. honestly||29. scientifically||30. electrician|
|31. entertainment||32. expectation||33. responsibility||34. allowance||35. fashionable||36. expectancy|
1) solution 6) satisfaction
2) grammatical 7) tighten
3) attendance 8) unreliable
4) necessity 9) creative
5) harmless 10) signature
1) alphabetical 6) likelihood
2) excitedly 7) conspiracy
3) infectious 8) comparison
4) competitive 9) prove
5) knowledgeable 10) boredom
1) marriage 6) illegal
2) predictable 7) sweeten
3) homelessness 8) clarify
4) scientifically 9) disappointment
5) inheritance 10) rivalry
1) scholarship 6) childhood
2) pointless 7) misplaced
3) permission 8) disconnect
4) highly 9) immature
5) thoughtful 10) impressive
1. understandable 11. risky
2. encourage 12. emptiness
3. slippery 13. liberate
4. citizenship 14. freedom
5. befriend 15. careful
6. sharpen 16. outdo
7. unfriendly 17. understanding
8. penniless 18. uncork
9. oversleep 19. misspell
10. unveil 20. forecast!
1. livelihood 2. competition 3. powerful 4. making
5. enriched 6. compete 7. bankrupt 8. freedom
1. mathematicians 2. length 3. thickness 4. reference
5. particularly 6. dimensional 7. similarly 8. Perspective
1. extraordinary 2. distance 3. disappearance 4. excitement
5. gracious 6. skillfully 7. pleasure 8. suddenly
9. imprisoned 10. Awake
1. luxurious 5. helpful
2. uncovered 6. overcharged
3. supposedly 7. surprisingly
4. disbelief 8. Different
1. impatient 5. unpleasant
2. homeless 6. likely
3. astonishingly 7. spoonfuls
4. protective 8. Medical
1. profitable 5. unfairly
2. underestimated 6. disappeared
3. crossly 7. fashionable
4. wonderfully 8. Scientifically
1. likely 5. disagreement
2. dangerously 6. revolutionized
3. variety 7. characterized
4. childhood 8. Computerized
1. friendly 5. tendency
2. sunny 6. misfortune
3. hostility 7. researchers
4. abusive 8. Adoption
1. indispensable 5. considerably
2. variety 6. invention
3. production 7. journalism
4. promising 8. Misfortune
1. safety 5. additives
2. doubled 6. preferably
3. optional 7. entertaining
4. unemployment 8. third
1. uneasy 5. easily
2. conclusion 6. hesitation
3. unavailable 7. unenthusiastic
4. disabilities 8. housing
1 - pride; 2 - difference; 3 - modernise (hoặc modernize); 4 - interesting;
5 - disastrous; 6 - Traditionally; 7 - editor; 8 - available; 9 - enjoyable; 10 - exactly;
1 - majority; 2 - development; 3 - religion; 4 - useful; 5 - well;
6 - arrival; 7 - proud; 8 - designers; 9 - homeless; 10 - unhappy;
Trên đây là Các bài tập về Word Form có đáp án. Mời quý thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh khác được cập nhật liên tuc trên VnDoc.com khác như: Luyện kỹ năng Tiếng Anh, ôn tập ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh thực hành, Luyện thi Tiếng Anh trực tuyến, ...