Bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 6: An Excursion
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 6: An Excursion
Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo bộ sưu tập Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 6 An Excursion trên VnDoc.com. Các tài liệu trong bộ sưu tập này sẽ mang đến cho học sinh các bài tập trắc nghiệm trong Unit 6 Tiếng Anh 10 nhằm giúp các em củng cố từ vựng và cấu trúc ngữ pháp đã học.
B. Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others.
1. a. excursion
2. a. relax
3. a. glorious
c. p protective
4. a. persuade
5. a. picturesque
II. VOCABULARY AND EXPRESSION
Choose the one word or phrase - h, c or d that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
1. I work from Tuesday to Saturday, and Sunday and Monday are my...............
a. working days b. days out c. breaks d. days off
2. The cottage is surrounded by the most glorious countryside.
a. ordinary b. honorable c. beautiful d. gloomy,
3. We've recently studied the....................of stones in the kidneys.
a. building b. formation c. structure d. block
4. Your tour includes a one-day.................to the Grand Canyon by air.
a. camping b. travel c. excursion d. visit
5. The cheese is soft and 'white and absolutely...................
a. tasteful b. glorious c. delicious d. interesting
6. You could use fluorescent lamps instead of ordinary light bulbs.
a. in replacement b. in order for c. on payment for d. in place of
7. He did finally come with us, although it took a long time to..........him.
a. believe b. permit c. persuade d. take
8. You are not allowed to camp here without ................
a. permission b. persuasion c. protection d. decision
9. File town is a popular........................for art lovers.
a. destination b. arrival c. department d. visitation
10. Don't throw away the ................ We can have them for supper.
a. sundeck b. photos c. food d. leftovers
III. GRAMMAR AND STRUCTURE
A. Choose the one word or phrase – a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence.
1. My parents .............. tomorrow to stay with me for a few days.
a. come b. will have come c. are commit d. came
2. I'll return Bob's pen to him the next time I.............him.
a. see b. will see c. I'm going to see d. have seen
3. The firework display, part of the city's centenary celebration,.......... place on the 21st August in Cannon Park.
a. will take b. is taking c. is going to take d. takes
4. This is the first time we..............to Scotland so it's all new to us.
a. are going b. Were c. have been d. will go
5. Look at those cars! They................!
a. will crash b. are crashing c. will be crashed d. are going to crash
6. We hope the excursion will help us a lot after working hard.
a. relax b. relaxing e. relaxed d. be relaxed
7. Goodnight. I................. you in the morning.
a. see b. am seeing c. am going to see d. will see.
8. What's in the letter? Why...................
a. don't you let me to read it b. don't you let me reading it
c. won't you let rue read it d. won't you let me to read it
9. Only in this house ................safe and secure.
a. I feel b. do I feel c. I do feel d. feel 1
10. Hurry. The next bus.....................at 7:15.
a. leave b. leaves c. is leaving d. will leave
11. Nobody can persuade her.....................her mind.
a. change b. to change c. changing d. changed
12. 'We're having a party at the weekend' 'Great! Who........................
a. will being invited b. is going to invite
c. is going to be invited d. will invite
13. I'll give you a map.................
a. in order for you find the way all right. b. so that you will find the way all right.
c. in order that you can find the way all right. d. and c are all correct.
14. He was busy ................. his homework.
a. doing b. to do c. that he was doing d. he was doing
15. 'Are Alice and Tom still living in New York? "No, they....................to Dallas,'
a. are moving b. had already moved c. have just moved d. will moved
Choose the appropriate sentence to fill in each gap to complete the following conversation.
A: Goodbye everyone! (1) ________________________________________
B:. Where are you going? _________________________________________
A: To Australia. (2) ______________________________________________
C: When are you coming back?
A: Well. (3) ____________________________________________________
B: It sounds great! (4) ____________________________________________
A: Thanks. (5) __________________________________________________
a. I'll send you postcards. b. we're going on a two-week tour of Australia.
c. I'm taking my family to visit the Great Barrier Reef. d. I'm going on holiday.
e. Have a good time!
V. READING COMPREHENSION
A. Choose the correct option a, b, c or d to complete this postcard.
I've been in Paris for over a week now and I'm having a great (1) ........... In the first few days I did quite a lot of (2) the Eiffel Tower. Notre Dame. and all the usual tourist attractions. Most places are absolutely (3) .......... with tourists, so yesterday I decided to have a (4) ..........round the shops.
Today I've been to a couple of interesting art (5) ........... I got (6)..............on my way back to the hotel, but it didn't matter because I discovered a really fascinating (7) ..........with lots of little stalls, selling just about everything from apples to antiques.
I ate in the hotel the first night but usually I (8) ................for dinner - the restaurants are great and I can get a set meal for less than 25 euros. afraid I've (9) .......... a lot of money, but it's a great place. You'll be able to see for yourself (10) .......... I get back - I've taken lots of photos. .
I hope you're all well. I'll write again next week.
1. a. visit
2. a. viewing
3. a. took
4. a. look
5. a. exhibits
6. a. left
7. a. temple
8. a. go out
d. stay in
9. a. paid
10. a. until
B. Read the passage carefully, then choose the one best answer, a, b, c or d.
For the last few months I have spent every Saturday in my flat and have done nothing more exciting than work at home, read the newspapers and watch television. I had begun feeling, bored with this and so, last weekend I though I would do something different. I rang up several of my friends and we decided to go to London for the day. I was really excited as I hadn't been to London since I was ten. We decided to go by coach as this was by far the cheapest means of transport that was available even though it meant that we needed to get up very early. Once in London we decided to take a sightseeing tour as we wanted to see some of the famous buildings. After the tour we bought some sandwiches and ate them in a small park. In the afternoon two of us went shopping and the others went to the theater. We met up again at 6:30 p.m. and went to a small restaurant in Soho. The meal was really good but, unfortunately, it took much longer than we had expected. We had to get a taxi back to the coach station. Luckily, we got there just two minutes before our coach left.
1. According to the passage the writer
a. usually spends his weekend at home. b. went to London with some of his friends.
c. has lived in London for ten years. d. feels bored with his life.
2. He felt so excited about going to London because
a. he hadn't been there before. b. he hadn't been there for ten years.
c. he went there ten years ago. d. he hadn't been there for a long time.
3. Why did they decide to go by coach?
a. Because it was available.
b. Because they wanted to start early.
c. Because other means of transport were more expensive.
d. Because it was one of the most efficient means of transport.
4. Which of the following is true?
a. They all went shopping before going to theater.
b. They made a sightseeing tour of London and then had lunch.
c. They had lunch in a small restaurant.
d. They left the city at 6:30 p.m.
5. It can be inferred from the text that ____.
a. they nearly missed the coach because of the meal.
b. they didn't enjoy the meal in the restaurant very much.
c. the coach had already left when they got to the station.
d. they missed the coach and had to take a taxi back.
Choose the best second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one
1. It was breakfast-time when Susan rang.
a. When Susan rang I have just finished my breakfast.
b. Susan rang after 1 had had my breakfast.
c. I was having my breakfast when Susan rang.
d. I was going to have my breakfast as soon as Susan rang.
2. Adrian's job interview is on 17 October.
a. Adrian will be called for a job interview on 17 October.
b. Adrian is giving a job interview on 17 October.
c. Adrian had an interview for a job on 17 October.
d Adrian is having a job interview on 17 October.
3. You can get off this train at Bath.
a. This train stops at Bath. b. This train is going to stop at Bath.
c. You can stop this train at Bath. d. This train will be stopped at Bath.
4. We have decided to help with the project.
a. We helped with the project. b. We must help with the project.
c. We will help with the project. d. We are going to help with the project.
5. The last time 1 went swimming was when we were in Spain.
a. I swam a lot when we were in Spain.
b. I hadn't been swimming before we moved to Spain.
c. I haven't been swimming since we were in Spain.
d. I went swimming while we lived in Spain.
6. They spoke too quickly for us to understand.
a. They spoke so quickly that we couldn't understand it.
b. They spoke so quickly that we couldn't understand.
c. They spoke so quickly that we couldn't understand them.
d.. They spoke quickly enough so that we couldn't understand them.