Thì hiện tại đơn và hiện tại tiếp diễn là hai trong những Thì thường gặp trong tiếng Anh và có nhiều điểm gần giống nhau nên nhiều bạn gặp một số rắc rối khi sử dụng hoặc làm bài tập. Bài này chúng ta sẽ làm bài tập so sánh hai Thì chi tiết qua các cấu trúc, cách sử dụng, dấu hiệu nhận biết và cách phát âm.
1. Where ___________you (live)____________?
I (live)______________in Hai Duong town.
2. What _______________he (do) ______________now?
He (water)_________________flowers in the garden.
3. What _______________she (do)_____________?
She (be)______________a teacher.
4. Where _________________you (be) from?
5. At the moment, my sisters (play) ____________ volleyball and my brother (play) ______________soccer.
6. It is 9.00; my family (watch)___________________TV.
7. In the summer, I usually (go) ______________ to the park with my friends, and in the spring, we (have) ___________Tet Holiday; I (be) ________ happy because I always (visit) ______________ my granparents.
8. ____________your father (go)_____________to work by bus?
9. How ___________your sister (go)___________to school?
10. What time _____________they (get up)_________________?
11. What ____________they (do)________________in the winter?
12. Today, we (have)______________English class.
13. Her favourite subject (be)__________________English.
14. Now, my brother (like)_________________eating bananas.
15. Look! Aman (call)_________________you.
16. Keep silent ! I (listen)____________________to the radio.
17. ______________ you (play)_________________badminton now?
18. Everyday, my father (get up)_________________ at 5.00 a.m, but today, he (get up) __________________ at 6.00 am.
19. Every morning , I (watch)_________________tv at 10.00, but today I (Listen) ________________ to music at 10.00.
20. Everyday , I (go) __________to school by bike but today I go to school by motorbike.
21. Every morning, my father (have) ______________a cup of coffe but today he (drink)____________milk.
22. At the moment, I(read)_______________a book and my brother (watch)_______ TV.
23. Hoa (live)________________in Hanoi, and Ha (live)________________in HCM City.
24. Hung and his friend (play)_______________badminton.
25. They usually (get up)___________________at 6.oo in the morning.
26. Ha never (go)______________fishing in the winter but she always (do)_____________ it in the summer.
27. My teacher (tell)__________________Hoa about Math.
28. There (be)____________________ animals in the circus.
29. _______________he (watch)______________TV at 7.00 every morning?
30. What _____________she (do) _________________at 7.00 am?
31. How old _________she (be)?
32. How ___________she (be)?
33. My children (Go)________________to school by bike.
34. We (go)_______________to supermarket to buy some food.
35. Mr. Hien (go)________________on business to Hanoi every month.
36. Ha (like)______________coffee very much, but I (not like)______________it.
37. She (like)________________Tea, but she (not like)____________________coffee.
38. I (love)_______________ cats, but I (not love)__________________dogs.
39. Everyday ,I (go)______________to school on foot, but today I (go)________________to school by bike.
40. Who you _________________(wait) for Nam?
- No, I _______________________(wait) for Mr. Hai.
41. My sister (get)______________ dressed and (brush)_______________her teeth herself at 6.30 everyday.
42. Mrs. Smith (not live)____________in downtown. She (rent)___________in an appartment in the suburb.
43. How _________your children (go)_________________to school everyday?
44. It's 9 o'clock in the morning. Lien (be)________in her room. She (listen) _______________to music.
45. We_______________________(play) soccer in the yard now.
46. My father (go)___________ to work by bike. Sometimes he(walk)______________.
47. _________You (live)________near a market? _ It (be)____________noisy?
48. Now I (do)_____________the cooking while Hoa (listen)_______________to music.
49. At the moment, Nam and his friends (go)_______________________shopping at the mall.
50. In the autumn, I rarely (go)______________sailing and (go)__________to school.
51. I (write)_____________________________ a letter to my friend now.
52. At 12 a.m every day, I (have)______________lunch and (go)____________to bed.
53. On Monday, I (have)________________________ math and Art.
54. On Friday, I (have)______________________English.
55. At the moment, I (eat)______________an orange, and My sisters (Play)_______ Tennis.
56. _______her bag (be)?
- No, they(not be)______________.
57. What time _____________your children (go)____________ to school?
58. He (live)________________in HCM City.
59. What time___________your brother usually (get)___________up?
60. My house (be)_________in the city and it (be)_________small.
61. Every morning , we (have)__________breakfast at 7.00 am.
62. This (be)________a book and there (be)_________pens.
63. Mr. Quang (live)____________in the countryside. He (have)__________a big garden.
64. John (not have)______________Literature lesson on Friday.
65. What time _________you (start)___________your class?
66. ___________you (be) in class 12A3?
67. Mrs. Ha (learn)__________________in Hanoi, but she (not live)__________________ there.
68. My brother (not live)____________________in London; he (live)_______________ in Manchester.
69. Now Mr. Long (design) ____________________his dream house.
70. He (like)_____________APPLES, but he (not like)_____________________bananas.
71. __________________she (like)______________apples?
72. Usually, I (have)_________________lunch at 12.00.
-__________________you (have) ___________________lunch at 11.00?
73. He can (swim)_______________but I can't(swim)_____________________.
74. At the moment, my sister (read)___________________ a comic book.
75. I (like)__________________ice-cream.
76. What ___________________Mr. Ha (live)_______________?
77. Monkeys can (climb)_________________ the tree.
78. Hang (go)__________________to the bookshop now because she (want) ___________to buy some books.
79. We (go) ______________to market and (buy)_________________some fruits.
80. Now, Lan (study)________________English and Lien (listen)______________to music.
81. Everynight , she (have)____________________dinner at 7.00 p.m.
82. Every year, I usually (go)______________________Vietnam.
83. In the summer, I sometimes (go)____________________swimming.
84. Every everning, my mother (like)___________ watching television.
85. Lan (have)_______________breakfast and (go)___________to school at 6.30 a.m.
86. We (not read)___________________after lunch.
87. Tom (be)___________my friend. He (play)______________sports everyday.
88. ______________your students (play)__________soccer every afternoon?
89. He (go)_____________to bed at 11.30 p.m.
90. They (go)___________home and (have)___________lunch.
91. ___________he (play)__________sports?
92. He (teach)_______________English in a big school in town.
93. Everyday she (go)____________to work by bike.
94. We usually (read)_________books, (listen)_________to music or (watch)_______TV.
95. Sometimes, I (play)__________badminton.
96. Ann (like)____________her job very much.
97. ___________your mother (walk)_________to the market?
98. Look! They (run)_________________________together.
EX1: PRESENT SIMPLE - PRESENT CONTINUOUS REVISION EXERCISES
1. Where's John? He (listen) to a new CD in his room.
2. Don't forget to take your umbrella with you to London. You know it always (rain) in England.
3. Jean (work) hard all day but she (not work) at the moment.
4. Look! That boy (run) after the bus. He (want) to catch it.
5. He (speak) German so well because he (come) from Germany.
6. Shh! The boss (come). We (meet) him in an hour and nothing is ready!
7. you usually (go) away for Christmas or you (stay) at home?
8. She (hold) some roses. They (smell) lovely.
9. Oh no! Look! It (snow) again. It always (snow) in this country.
10. Mary (swim) very well, but she (not run) very fast.
11. you (enjoy) this party? Yes, I (have) a great time!
12. Sorry I can't help you. I (not know) where she keeps her files.
13. What you(do) next Saturday? Nothing special. I (stay) at home.
14. I (think) your new hat (look) nice on you.
15. I (live) with my parents but right now I (stay) with some friends for a few days.
16. I can't talk on the phone now. I (drive) home.
17. Where are the children? They (lie) on the beach over there.
18. You never (listen) to a word I say! You always (listen) to that mp3 player!
19. He (not understand) what you (talk) about. He's foreign.
20. How much your suitcase (weigh)? It (look) really heavy.
1. 's listening 2. Rains
3. Work, Is not working 4. 's runing, wants
5. Speaks, comes 6. Is comming, 're meeting
7. Do, Go, do, stay 8. 's holding, smell
9. 's snowing, snows 10. Swims, doesn't run
11. Are, enjoying, 'm having 12. Do not know
13. Are, doing, 'm staying 14. Think, looks
15. Live, 'm staying 16. 'm driving
17. 're lying 18. Listen, are, listening
19. Does not understand, 're talking
20. Does, weigh, look
EX2: Exercise on Simple Present - Present Progressive
Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple present or present progressive).
1. Look! He (leave) the house.
2. Quiet please! I (write) a test.
3. She usually (walk) to school.
4. But look! Today she (go) by bike.
5. Every Sunday we (go) to see my grandparents.
6. He often (go) to the cinema.
7. We (play) Monopoly at the moment.
8. The child seldom (cry) .
9. I (not/ do) anything at the moment.
10. (watch/ he) the news regularly?
Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple present or present progressive).
1. Look! He is leaving the house.
2. Quiet please! I am writing a test.
3. She usually walks to school.
4. But look! Today she is going by bike.
5. Every Sunday we go to see my grandparents.
6. He often goes to the cinema.
7. We are playing Monopoly at the moment.
8. The child seldom cries.
9. I am not doing anything at the moment.
10. Does he watch the news regularly?
EX3: Look at the picture on the right and complete the sentences (Simple Present or Present Progressive).
1. This (be) Marc.
2. He (wear) a t-shirt and shorts today.
3. He (eat) an apple at the moment.
4. Marc (like) fruits and vegetables.
5. He (eat) some every day.
6. Marc (know) that apples (be) good for his health.
1. This is Marc.
2. He is wearing a t-shirt and shorts today.
3. He is eating an apple at the moment.
4. Marc likes fruits and vegetables.
5. He eats some every day.
6. Marc knows that apples are good for his health.
EX4: Look at the picture on the right and complete the sentences (Simple Present or Present Progressive).
1. This (be) Caroline.
2. Caroline (have) long blond hair.
3. She usually (wear) glasses, but now she (wear) contact lenses.
4. Caroline (like) sports.
5. She (play) handball every Monday and Thursday.
1. This is Caroline.
2. Caroline has long blond hair.
3. She usually wears glasses, but now she is wearing contact lenses.
4. Caroline likes sports.
5. She plays handball every Monday and Thursday.
EX5: Exercise on Simple Present - Present Progressive
Look at the picture on the right and complete the sentences (Simple Present or Present Progressive).
1. Joe and Dennis (be) best friends.
2. They often (meet) in the afternoon.
3. What (do/ they) at the moment?
4. They (play) football.
5. They (love) football.
6. Joe (practise) with his father every weekend, but Dennis (not/ play) football very often.
1. Joe and Dennis are best friends.
2. They often meet in the afternoon.
3. What are they doing at the moment?
4. They are playing football.
5. They love football.
6. Joe practises with his father every weekend, but Dennis does not play football very often.
Bài tập thì hiện tại đơn và hiện tại tiếp diễn 1
It (0. be) is Sunday evening and my friends and I (1. be)....... at Jane's birthday party. Jane (2. wear)....... a beautiful long dress and (3. stand)....... next to her boyfriend. Some guests (4. drink)....... wine or beer in the corner of the room. Some of her relatives (5. dance)....... in the middle of the room. Most people (6. sit)....... on chairs, (7. enjoy)....... foods and (8. chat)....... with one another. We often (9. go)....... to our friends' birthday parties. We always (10. dress)....... well and (11. travel)....... by taxi. Parties never (12. make)....... us bored because we like them.
It (0. be) is Sunday evening and my friends and I (1. be) are at Jane's birthday party. Jane (2. wear) is wearing |'s wearing a beautiful long dress and (3. stand) standing next to her boyfriend. Some guests (4. drink) are drinking wine or beer in the corner of the room. Some of her relatives (5. dance) are dancing in the middle of the room. Most people (6. sit) are sitting on chairs, (7. enjoy) enjoying foods and (8. chat) chatting with one another. We often (9. go) go to our friends' birthday parties. We always (10. dress) dress well and (11. travel) travel by taxi. Parties never (12. make) make us bored because we like them.
Bài tập hiện tại đơn, hiện tại tiếp diễn 2
1. Sit down! A strange dog (run) to you.
2. My mom often (buy) meat from the butcher's.
3. My brothers (not/ drink) coffee at the moment.
4. Look! Those people (climb) the mountain so fast.
5. That girl (cry) loudly in the party now.
6. These students always (wear) warm clothes in summer.
7. What (you/ do) in the kitchen?
8. I never (eat) potatoes.
9. The 203 bus (set off) every fifteen minutes.
10. Tonight we (not/ go) to our teacher's wedding party.
1. Sit down! A strange dog (run) is running to you.
2. My mom often (buy) buys meat from the butcher's.
3. My brothers (not/ drink) aren't drinking|are not drinking coffee at the moment.
4. Look! Those people (climb) are climbing the mountain so fast.
5. That girl (cry) is crying loudly in the party now.
6. These students always (wear) wear warm clothes in summer.
7. What (you/ do) are you doing in the kitchen?
8. I never (eat) eat potatoes.
9. The 203 bus (set off) sets off every fifteen minutes.
10. Tonight we (not/ go) aren't going|are not going to our teacher's wedding party.
Bài tập hiện tại đơn, hiện tại tiếp diễn 3
1. He/ often/ have/ breakfast/ late.
2. You/ do/ the housework/ at the moment?
3. I/ not/ go/ to school/ on weekends.
4. John's girlfriend/ wear/ a red T-shirt/ now.
5. They/ like/ beer or wine?
6. What/ he/ usually/ do/ at night?
7. The teacher/ never/ lose/ his temper.
8. Why/ you/ listen/ to music/ loudly now?
He often has breakfast late.
Are you doing the housework at the moment?
I do not go to school on weekends. I don't go to school on weekends.
John's girlfriend is wearing a red T-shirt now.
Do they like beer or wine?
What does he usually do at night?
The teacher never loses his temper.
Why are you listening to music loudly now?
Video hướng dẫn làm bài thì hiện tại đơn và hiện tại tiếp diễn trong Tiếng Anh giúp các bạn hiểu rõ và phân loại đúng các thì, trong khi làm bài kiểm tra, bài thi, các bạn sẽ nhanh chóng nhận ra các thì và làm bài nhanh, đúng nhất.