Bài tập Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 4 Life in the past (số 1)
Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4 có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4: Life in the past nâng cao do VnDoc.com tự biên soạn và đăng tải dưới đây tổng hợp các dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm phổ biến trong Tiếng Anh 9 mới đi kèm đáp án.
Bài tập Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 4 Life in the past
Bản quyền thuộc về VnDoc nghiêm cấm mọi hành vi sao chép vì mục đích thương mại
I. Choose a word in each line that has different stress pattern
1. A. damage
2. A. illiterate
3. A. grandparent
4. A. dogsled
II. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete the sentences
1. They like playing tug-of-war and cat and mouse game _________because playing these games with the friends is _______.
A. almost - funny
B. almost - fun
C. most - fun
D.most - funny
2. Sara didn’t hear the phone. She ___________.
C. used to sleep
D. was sleeping
3. I’ve been feeling better since __________.
A. the doctor has come
B. the doctor comes
C. the doctor coming
D. the doctor came
4. The folk__________of top spinning still attracts city children despite the popularity of modern games such as bowling, skateboarding, billiards and video games.
5. Cyclo, a sort of tricycle rickshaw,__________the most popular means of transport in Viet Nam in the past.
B. used to
C. used to be
D. would be
6. The image of an old lady with the traditional ao dai on a rickshaw on her way back from market is still so___________for Vietnamese people.
III. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct form
1. I wish he ___________ here now. (be)
2. I wish that you ___________ here yesterday. (be)
3. I wish he ___________ the work tonight. (finish)
4. She wishes she ___________ the window last night. (open)
5. We wish they ___________ with us last weekend. (come)
1. I wish he _____were______ here now. (be)
2. I wish that you ____had been_______ here yesterday. (be)
3. I wish he ______would finish_____ the work tonight. (finish)
4. She wishes she ____had opened_______ the window last night. (open)
5. We wish they _____had come______ with us last weekend. (come)
IV. Write one word in each gap to complete the sentences.
1. You can’t blame me _____________ the bad weather!
2. You shouldn’t criticize people _____________ the way that they look.
3. I’m thinking of inviting Eliot _____________ the barbecue.
4. The head teacher is going to punish us _____________ being late for class.
5. Jonald Jennings, you have been found guilty _____________ murder.
1. You can’t blame me ______for_______ the bad weather!
2. You shouldn’t criticize people ______for_______ the way that they look.
3. I’m thinking of inviting Eliot ______to_______ the barbecue.
4. The head teacher is going to punish us ______for_______ being late for class.
5. Jonald Jennings, you have been found guilty ______of_______ murder.
V. Read the passage, and choose the correct answer A, B, C or D for each question.
For formal ceremonies, men would have two additional items, a long gown with slits on either side, and a turban, usually in black or brown made of cotton or silk. In feudal times, there were strict dress codes. Ordinary people were not allowed to wear clothes with dyes rather than black, brown or white. Costumes in yellow were reserved for the King. Those in purple and red were reserved for high ranking court officials, while dresses in blue were exclusively worn by petty court officials. Men's dress has gradually changed along with social development.
The traditional set of a long gown and turban gave way to more modern-looking suits, while business shirts and trousers have replaced traditional long sleeved shirts and wide trousers. Traditional costumes still exist and efforts are increasingly being made to restore traditional festivals and entertainment which incorporate traditional costumes.
For women, the outer garment is a special silk gown called an “ao tu than” which is brown or light brown in colour with four slits divided equally on its lower section.The second layer is a gown in a light yellow colour and the third layer is a pink gown. When a woman wears her three gowns, she fastens the buttons on the side, and leave those on the chest unfastened so that it forms a shaped collar. This allows her to show the different colors on the upper part of the three gowns. Today, on formal occasions women wear “ao dai”.
1. In the past, the colour was used to represent _____________.
A. the difference between men and women
B. formal ceremonies
C. the social development
D. the rank in the society
2. In the past, for formal ceremonies men wore _____________.
A. costumes in purple or yellow not like the King
B. a long gown and a turban in black or brown
C. costumes made of red cotton or silk
D. dresses in blue as petty court officials
3. Traditional festivals_____________.
A. promote traditional costumes
B. encourage modern-looking suits
C. replace traditional suits by business ones
D. make men’s dresses change
4. All of the following are true about women’s traditional costumes EXCEPT that _____________.
A.the gowns have different colours on the upper part
B.we can see a shaped collar in the front
C.the two inner gowns cannot be seen
D.the outer gown has four equal parts on its lower section
5. The word “gown” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to _____________.
A. a long dress worn on formal occasions
B. a woman’s dress, especially a long one
C. a long piece of clothing worn by judges
D. piece of clothing that is worn over other clothes to protect them
VI. Write the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first. Use the word in brackets.
1. No one told me about the change of the plan. (know)
2. When I was a child, we lived in Bristol. (used)
3. My friend was the winner of the competition. (won)
4. Is it a fact that the Romans built this wall? (did)
5. She’s sorry she can’t play the piano. (wishes)
1. I didn’t know about the change of the plan.
2. We used to live in Bristol.
3. My friend won the competition.
4. Did the Romans build this wall?
5. She wishes she could play the piano.
Bài tập tự luận và trắc nghiệm môn Anh lớp 9 Unit 4 tổng hợp các dạng bài tập phổ biến giúp học sinh lớp 9 củng cố kiến thức và chuẩn bị cho kì thi cuối kỳ sắp tới. Bên cạnh đó các em có thể tham khảo tài liệu môn Toán 9 và Ngữ Văn lớp 9. Mời các em tham khảo bài sau đây.
Trên đây VnDoc.com đã giới thiệu Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 4: Life in the past nâng cao. Mời các bạn tham khảo thêm các tài liệu học tập lớp 9 hay như Bài tập Word Form lớp 9 Unit 4, .... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời các bạn tham gia nhóm Tiếng Anh THCS để nhận thêm những tài liệu hay: Nhóm Tiếng Anh THCS