Tổng hợp bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 14 RECREATION có đáp án
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 14 RECREATION có đáp án
Để việc dạy và học môn tiếng Anh 11 được hiệu quả, quý thầy cô, các em học sinh hãy tham khảo ngay Tổng hợp bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 14 RECREATION có đáp án. Chúng tôi đã chọn lọc nhiều bài tập hay, thể hiện dưới hình thức trắc nghiệm lẫn tự luận giúp cho các em học sinh được ôn tập toàn diện, hệ thống.
Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 11 có đáp án
II. Fill in each blank with one suitable word from the box.
recreation leisure spectacular stock market pursuits
spectators sophisticated memento solitude home-based
1. She has time now to follow her various artistic ______.
2. Many people indulge in ______ leisure pursuit such as watching television.
3. I play golf and football for ______ only.
4. She enjoyed a few moments of peace in the ______ of the garden.
5. Crowds of ______ were massed along the route of the parade.
6. I'm looking forward to more ______ time in my retirement.
7. He invested everything in the ______.
8. Jane kept the coin as a ______ of her trip.
9. We had a ______ view of the coastline from the airplane.
10. Medical techniques are becoming more ______ all the time.
IV. Combine the sentence with not only... but also or both...and.
1. The city suffers from air pollution. The city suffers from water pollution. (both... and)
2. He is interested in gardening. He is interested in collecting stamps. (not only... but also)
3. Solar energy is free. Solar is inexhaustible. (both... and)
4. In the summer school he studied writing. He studied how to increase his vocabulary. (not only... but. also)
5. I was usually tired when I arrived home from school. I was usually hungry too. (both... and)
6. My sister can sing beautiful. She can play the guitar very well. (not only... but also)
7. On the trip you can enjoy spectacular scenery. You can have a lot of outdoor activities. (both... and)
8. He is good at math. He is good at English. (not only... but also)
9. Joanna enjoys listening to rock music, so does her brother. (both... and)
10. She cleaned the house and she cooked the dinner. (not only... but also)
V. Write the sentences with either... or or neither... nor.
1. The library doesn't have the book I need. The bookstore doesn't have the book I need.
2. We can fix dinner for them here or we can take them to a restaurant
3. I'll never speak to you again if you don't apologise.
4. Brian doesn't play sports and he doesn't watch them on TV.
5. Did Mrs Michael feed Lulu? Did Mrs Michael feed Archie?
6. We didn't hear the window break. We didn't hear the thief come in.
7. You may begin working tomorrow or you may begin next week.
8. I suppose we could watch TV this evening or we could go out for a snack.
9. My cousin can't draw well. He can't paint well, too.
10. I haven't seen him. I haven't heard him speak.
VI. Complete the sentences with both... (and); neither... (nor) or either... (or).
1. I tried twice to phone George, but ______ times he was out.
2. Do you want tea or coffee? - ______. I really don't mind.
3. I was invited to two parties last week, but I couldn't go to ______ of them.
4. Where is Liz? Is she at work or at home? - ______. She's away on holiday.
5. To get to the town center, you can go along the footpath by the river or you can go along the road. You can go ______ way.
6. I saw an accident this morning. One car drove into the back of another. Fortunately, ______ driver was injured, but ______ cars were badly damaged.
7. I can meet you next Monday or: Friday. Would ______ of those days be convenient for you?
8. John and I couldn't get into the house because ______ of us had a key.
9. When shall I phone, in the morning or afternoon? - ______. I'll be in all day.
10. Sarah and I play tennis together regularly, but ______ of us can play well.
11. Where did you go for your holiday - Scotland or Ireland?
- ______. A week in Scotland and a week in Ireland.
12. I tried two bookshops for the book I wanted, but ______ of them had it.
13. ______ the boat with the white sails and the one with the blue sails are in the harbour today.
14. I'm not sure where Maria's from. She's ______ Spanish ______ Italian.
15. Tom said he would contact me, but he ______ wrote ______ phoned.
VII. Rewrite the following sentences using the structure it is/ was... that + passive voice.
1. It was Mr. Johnson that every student respected to.
2. It was in Bristol where they made the film.
3. It was the manager that we saw.
4. It was wine that we ordered.
5. It is the English exam that the students most worry about.
6. It is pop music that my brother prefers.
7. It is Tet that Vietnameses celebrate, as the greatest occasion in a year.
8. It was the computer that my parents gave me as a birthday present.
9. It is Santa Clause who most children are waiting for on Christmas Eve.
10. It is English that people all over the world use.
VIII. Fill in each blank with an appropriate preposition.
1. Recreation and entertainment are important ______ people.
2. British people are very interested _____ watching and taking part sports.
3. Mark is keen ______ football, but his brother Mike is fond ______ tennis.
4. Snooker, pool and darts are the next most popular sports ______ men.
5. There is an enormous range of holiday courses ______ offer.
6. He agreed ______ me ______ the need for change.
7. We put ______ our tent in a little clearing in the wood.
8. We object ______ the commercialization of the game.
9. Mary likes the solitude ______ the Wilderness.
10. He longs ______ the day when he can turn professional.
IX. Rewrite the following as indicated, making any other changes necessary.
1. I haven't seen him and I haven't heard him speak either.
2. Is the man's name Richard? Or is it Robert? It's one of the two.
That man's name _________________________________________
3. Tom arrived late. and started complaining.
Not only ________________________________________________
Trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 11 unit 14 có đáp án
Choose the word that has the main stress is placed differently from that of the others.
1. a. pursuit b. leisure c. popular d. television
2. a. memento b. solitude c. spectacular d. athletics
3. a. average b. instrument c. enormous d. generous
4. a. engrave b. spectator c. ability d. undertake
5. a. entertain b. recreation c. sophisticated d. population
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase- a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentences.
6. Most children nowadays prefer watching TV ______ reading.
a. from b. to c. than d. over
7. I hate camping because I can't ______ an umbrella tent in the wind and I can't make a fire in the rain.
a. put up b. set off c. take over d. turn round
8. I'm not very ______ on going to a football match today.
a. keen b. enthusiastic c. happy d. interested
9. She would make an excellent lawyer - she's conscientious and has a ______ mind.
a. well-trained b. well-informed c. well-built d. well-intentioned
10. There has been an increase in the ______ of folk music over recent years.
a. popular b. popularity c. popularize d. popularization
A. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
FUN AND GAMES
Do you think computer games is just for kids? Then you should think again. You might be (36) ______ to learn that the game industry now (37) ______ more money than Hollywood. (38) ______ a family buys a new PC, all they really want to do is to play games.
It is hardly surprising that video gaming has (39) ______ one of the most popular (40) ______ of entertainment today. A good game is like a good film; it will hold your (41) ______, capture your imagination and play with your emotions.
The big (42) ______, however, is that watching a movie is a passive (43) ______. You have no say in how the plot (44) ______ or which characters dominate the story. With computer games, you direct the (45) ______ and that is what makes them so exciting. Finding the (46) ______ game is likely to signal the beginning of a lasting love (47) ______ with the interactive (48) ______ of make-believe.
It is (49) ______ to think of gaming as something simply for children and teenagers. In fact, the (50) ______ growth area of the market is the 25-35 age group.
36. a. concerned b. admired c. startled d. surprised
37. a. has b. makes c. does d. gains
38. a. As soon as b. as well as c. As far as d. As long as
39. a. begun b. grown c. become d. sounded
40. a. makes b. branches c. shapes d. forms
41. a. gaze b. attention c. breath d. control